Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikeyjoe97
Reel Rookie

My Roku TV remote drains battery fast

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. We have a Roku TV and have not changed the batteries since we purchased. I also have two sticks and both of those drain every 1-2 weeks. They are not on heavily used TVs either. For example - the TV in our exercise room gets used, at most, once a day. When I use it, I always use the same streaming service, click a show and let it run while I work out. So use is very light. I have found that if i take the batteries out and put them back in, it will work enough for me to navigate to what I want to watch, but by the next day, it's dead again. Very disappointing. if someone can help, I would appreciate it. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Roku TV remote drains battery fast

Jump to solution

Thanks for responding, @mikeyjoe97.

We completely understand your point. Roku remotes are designed to go the distance, but a few things will drain a remote a bit faster...

• Congested Wi-Fi network around the device- the reason for this is that most remotes will use RF to connect to your Roku player, and constant reconnection will require more battery.
  • Or viewing lots of short-form content, like YouTube, where a streamer could go through a few hundred button presses in an hour.

By the way, we also offer the Voice Remote Pro, a rechargeable remote with private listening, voice search, voice commands, two programmable shortcut buttons, and a lost remote finder, and you'll never buy a pack of batteries again. It also comes with the latest Roku Ultra and the Plus Series Roku TV made by Roku.

In the meantime, you can also install the Roku mobile app, a free application for iOS® and Android devices that turns your mobile device into the ultimate streaming companion. Not only can you launch channels, navigate the Roku interface, and search and issue commands with your voice, but you can also share personal photos and videos on your TV, listen privately with your headphones, and more.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @mikeyjoe97,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your problems on your Roku remote, and we'll be glad to assist you further. Have you tried replacing the batteries with new ones? Kindly try changing the batteries for a new set and let us know if the issue persists.

We hope to hear back from you.

Best wishes,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mikeyjoe97
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes - the remote works when the batteries are changed. The issue is that within 2 weeks, I get a notification on screen that my batteries are low and the only way to get the remote to work is to take them out and put them back in. The next time I try to use the Roku, it's back to the same. I've lost track of how many times I've changed batteries in these remotes!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for responding, @mikeyjoe97.

We completely understand your point. Roku remotes are designed to go the distance, but a few things will drain a remote a bit faster...

• Congested Wi-Fi network around the device- the reason for this is that most remotes will use RF to connect to your Roku player, and constant reconnection will require more battery.
  • Or viewing lots of short-form content, like YouTube, where a streamer could go through a few hundred button presses in an hour.

By the way, we also offer the Voice Remote Pro, a rechargeable remote with private listening, voice search, voice commands, two programmable shortcut buttons, and a lost remote finder, and you'll never buy a pack of batteries again. It also comes with the latest Roku Ultra and the Plus Series Roku TV made by Roku.

In the meantime, you can also install the Roku mobile app, a free application for iOS® and Android devices that turns your mobile device into the ultimate streaming companion. Not only can you launch channels, navigate the Roku interface, and search and issue commands with your voice, but you can also share personal photos and videos on your TV, listen privately with your headphones, and more.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos