Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: My Roku Keeps Scrolling

I am having the same issue and very frustrating. I changed the whole device, remote and device and still moves on it's own. Tried to enter password and it scrolls all over. Customer service I need help.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Thanks for your response @Spencermaurice

Have you checked to make sure any of the directional buttons are stuck or lodged? If you remove the batteries from the remote, does the issue persist?

If you still having issues after the suggestion above, please be advised that remotes for Roku TVs are manufactured directly by the TV manufacturer. We would recommend reaching out to the TV manufacturer's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

Here is the support line for TCL:
https://support.tclusa.com/televisions
1-877-300-8837

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos

Danny I need help 

one is also doing this 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Taviahellen

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

Please keep us posted with the details.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Clogg89

• Checking to see if another remote has a stuck button was very helpful thank you. One of my remotes is notorious for getting a stuck button and I didn't even think to check that.
0 Kudos
Amloftis2

I am having the same issue. Remote will scroll and keep skipping over channels. Tried restarting the Roku, pairing and unpairing the remote. Nothing working so far

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hi @Amloftis2

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

For clarification, are you using a Roku device or a Roku TV? Could you also provide us with the serial number of your Roku device which can be located at the back or underneath the player itself?

We look forward to your response. 

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos

I am having the same issue. This evening the remote was working fine and then it stopped responding. After a minute the remote would respond to some buttons but when I went to the home page it started scrolling up on its own. I am using a Roku Express 4K. When the remote is facing the device you can see the purple light flicking like crazy as the screen is scrolling. Once the remote is blocked from the device it stops scrolling and the light stops flickering. I have restarted device and replaced the batteries in the remote but it is still not working properly.

0 Kudos
Sunbirdsw
Channel Surfer

Found the prob with mine- the bluetooth button keeps sticking on the remote for my Vizio soundbar. Is now fixed by simply unsticking and removing bt button.

Hopes this helps you.

0 Kudos

@Sunbirdsw 

Do not have a bluetooth button. There is not even a pairing button by the batteries.

0 Kudos