Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yetain

Multiple Rokus - Remote Functionality

Jump to solution

I'm looking to cut the cable, and just run Roku. I have a man-cave style setting with 2 TVs. My plan is to get (2) Roku Express 4K+s, one for each TV.

My question is, are these remotes device specific or are the universal? The TVs are pretty close together and would actually prefer them to be device specific so that way I'm not accidentally messing with both interfaces at the same time.

If they are universal, is there any way to make them device specific in the setup? Or are there remotes that I can purchase on Amazon or Walmart or something that I can setup to be device specific?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Multiple Rokus - Remote Functionality

Jump to solution

Remember if they don't pair remote to the express 4k+ it can still control it by Roku IR commands, and in doing so control multiple Roku's at the same time. So, to prevent this, pair remote to the Roku!!

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
renojim

Jump to solution

The Express 4k+ comes with a voice remote that has to be paired with the Express, so each remote will only control one Express at a time.  The voice remote also has kind of a built-in IR universal remote for TV controls.  You have to configure each remote for the TV it's connected to, but it will control any TV of the same brand or that uses the same IR code set.  TV controls are limited to power and volume/mute.

Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Remember if they don't pair remote to the express 4k+ it can still control it by Roku IR commands, and in doing so control multiple Roku's at the same time. So, to prevent this, pair remote to the Roku!!

Edmund

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.