Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robbino

Express 4k+ remote won’t work to power on and off or control volume.

I just got a Roku express 4k+ and have hooked it up to my Sceptre 4k tv. I was using a 4k stick but it kept overheating so I thought this would be a solution to this problem. I have gotten everything to work just fine except none of the options for Sceptre made the remote work for volume and power control. Besides that I see that this device is not supported by live agents, which, I have to say tees me off. I have been a roku user for nearly 10 years and never even needed support until now, and when I do need it for one of their products it isn't available? So, I am here asking the community for help. Does anyone have any ideas? Also, I got this roku through Marlboro rewards, so returning it would be a pain.

3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Express 4k+ remote won’t work to power on and off or control volume.

@Robbino 

A few different postings indicated that some Sceptre users found success using Sony codes.

When Roku asks you for your TV manufacturer, just select Sony and go through all the codes and see if one works for you.

Settings/Remotes & Devices/Setup Remote for TV Control/ [select "change TV brand"]

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Robbino

Thank you Avsgunner, I have tried  Sony as well because I did search for solutions first, and, sadly that did not work. 

0 Kudos
ptwilli1
Reel Rookie

I too was having the same problem with my Sceptre TV. I solved it by saying "NO" when asked if I still heard music (even though I still could) and now the Roku remotes turns the TV on and off.

0 Kudos