Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MetalMum
Reel Rookie

Microphone remote not pairing with my Sharp Aquos TV

Hi all,

So I got another Roku stick today (we already have one that works flawlessly in the living room). Unfortunately I discovered that the microphone remote won’t pair with my 1 year old Sharp Aquos tv (24" HD READY SMART TV 24EE7K). I have tried everything: resetting more than once, activating cec & trying the CEC connection, having the WiFi setting on the tv on & then off, updating the tv software, turning everything off and then on (cause you never know), turning all other internet using devices off, trying to convince the roku that the tv is a Hisense etc. Nothing works. My other roku stick was a doddle to set up but this one is like my cat who generally disagrees with everything you do even when it’s something he wants (yes the cat is a minion from **bleep**). So if anyone has a suggestion please share it with me. The remotes microphone search functions normally without a problem but the remote will not pair to allow me to turn the tv off & on and adjust the volume settings which isn’t a major problem until you misplace the tv remote. I paid for the upgrade and I’d like to use the features please.

Many thanks (in advance).

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Microphone remote not pairing with my Sharp Aquos TV

Hello! @MetalMum,

Thank you for your post in the Roku Community!

Thanks for getting in touch about the Roku voice remote! We're glad to help out.

Follow these troubleshooting steps to fix issues with your Roku voice remote. Detailed instructions on how to perform each step are in the sections below. After performing each step, test your remote with your streaming device before continuing to the next step.

1. Reboot your voice remote
  2. Reboot your streaming device
  3. Replace or recharge the batteries in your voice remote
  4. Re-pair your voice remote to your streaming device

For more detailed information please check this out here: How to fix issues with your Roku voice remote

Some Roku voice remotes have the ability to control volume and power on your TV when using a Roku streaming player. Visit the article with instructions on how to set up your Roku voice remote to control your TV or how to fix TV control issues for more information.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MetalMum
Reel Rookie

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I’ve already tried all of these and none worked which is why I posted here. I guess I’m stuck without the full functionality of the remote which is very disappointing.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for getting back to us, @MetalMum.

We appreciate you trying to troubleshoot your remote. We'd be happy to suggest further troubleshooting steps.

Is this the first time you've plugged in a Roku streaming stick to your Sharp Aquos TV? If so, and setting up your remote to control your TV's power and volume buttons via HDMI-CEC doesn't work, we need to consider the possibility that your TV is incompatible.

In this case, we highly suggest contacting your TV manufacturer for additional clarification and assistance. You may reach them here: Sharp Support.

Feel free to let us know if you have additional details to add so we can better assess your concern and provide you with further information. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.