Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice remote voice commands not working

I see this issue reported 4 years ago with no solution but nothing recent.  Voice command immediately gives error "Something went wrong. Try again."  Tried rebooting remote, rebooting device, re-pairing.  Help!

0 Kudos
Marziss

Re: Voice remote voice commands not working

Same problem spent 2 hours with TLC TV ......HAD TO DO A FACTORY RESET IT WORKED!! PAIN IN THE **bleep** ...MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL YOUR USER AND PASSWORDS FOR ALL YOUR APPS GOOD LUCK

0 Kudos
ebustos

Re: Voice Command not working

Having exact issue with voice command after ongoing attempts. Also looking at multiple YouTube troubleshooting videos. Ideas? The "Something went wrong--try again later" error message has been continuous for over a week. All ideas welcome!

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings Community users,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We can see that you're having some trouble with the Roku voice command feature, and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far. Let us know if the problem still occurs when using the voice feature with the Roku mobile app you can refer to our support page here on how to use the Roku mobile app to control your streaming device, and be sure to provide us with the details when you get back to us.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Roku remote model.

Once we have the information available, we'll be able to forward this over to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
EllisDen
Channel Surfer

The mobile app voice command is working. It is an issue with the voice remote.

device model - TCL 43S425

serial number - X000006M6P9T

device ID - S038T05M6P9T

software OS/version - 13.0.0 - Build 25062-93

Tracker ID - ID 9T-263-228

VOICE REMOTE INFO

NAME - VOICE REMOTE PRO

MODEL - RC701

FIRMWARE - RTN.4246

VOICE CAPTURE FW - EN-US, 0024

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for providing us with the requested details, @EllisDen.

Rest assured that your device is included in the ongoing investigation. In the meantime, I will coordinate this with the team for additional reinforcement. With this, I will send you a Private Message for further assistance. 

Your continuous patience and understanding as we work on this are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
capone20

Re: Voice remote Pro Mic not working

I have the same problem with the voice remote, It worked fine until the last update

0 Kudos
EllisDen
Channel Surfer

I have not received a private message from you

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.