Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roker2024
Reel Rookie

Lost function of my soudbar After Pairing Voice Remote Pro

Jump to solution

I have a Wohome wired sound bar that worked until I paired a Voice Remote Pro.

I can no longer get it to function.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Lost function of my soudbar After Pairing Voice Remote Pro

Jump to solution

Hello! @Roker2024,

Thank you for your post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the trouble you've experienced with the functionality of your soundbar after pairing it with your Roku Voice Remote Pro. We truly appreciate you reaching out to us and we're here to assist you.

Some Roku voice remotes, like the Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition), can use hands-free voice commands to control your TV. To use hands-free TV controls with your Roku Voice Remote Pro, you need to first make sure CEC is enabled on your TV to allow for this communication.

After you confirm CEC is enabled, begin using hands-free voice commands with a simple request such as "Hey Roku, what time is it?" and confirm you hear an expected response. Once you know hands-free voice is working, you can use commands like the examples below to control your TV.

• "Hey Roku, turn on the TV"
  • "Hey Roku, turn up the volume"
  • "Hey Roku, set the volume to 11"
  • "Hey Roku, turn off the TV"

Remember not to speak any slower or louder than you do in a normal conversation and do not overpronounce syllables or words. Speak naturally with a clear and direct "Hey Roku...".

• Note: Not all TV models support CEC, and some may offer limited support. You may find some commands work but not others. Consult your TV manual to understand how CEC works on your TV.

For more detailed information, review the troubleshooting steps for setting up your Roku voice remote to control power and volume on your TV.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Lost function of my soudbar After Pairing Voice Remote Pro

Jump to solution

Hello! @Roker2024,

Thank you for your post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the trouble you've experienced with the functionality of your soundbar after pairing it with your Roku Voice Remote Pro. We truly appreciate you reaching out to us and we're here to assist you.

Some Roku voice remotes, like the Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition), can use hands-free voice commands to control your TV. To use hands-free TV controls with your Roku Voice Remote Pro, you need to first make sure CEC is enabled on your TV to allow for this communication.

After you confirm CEC is enabled, begin using hands-free voice commands with a simple request such as "Hey Roku, what time is it?" and confirm you hear an expected response. Once you know hands-free voice is working, you can use commands like the examples below to control your TV.

• "Hey Roku, turn on the TV"
  • "Hey Roku, turn up the volume"
  • "Hey Roku, set the volume to 11"
  • "Hey Roku, turn off the TV"

Remember not to speak any slower or louder than you do in a normal conversation and do not overpronounce syllables or words. Speak naturally with a clear and direct "Hey Roku...".

• Note: Not all TV models support CEC, and some may offer limited support. You may find some commands work but not others. Consult your TV manual to understand how CEC works on your TV.

For more detailed information, review the troubleshooting steps for setting up your Roku voice remote to control power and volume on your TV.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.