Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pete12341
Reel Rookie

Re: IR Stops working Intermittently.

Jump to solution

Same problem very frustrating:

4802rw 

x01000856g52

11.5.0 build 4312-c2

id 52-049-765

i have and lg tv Um730

0 Kudos
arsagano
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have returned with upsetting news.  The problem has returned.  It was fine for like three weeks.  However, I had to recharge the remote, now the problem is back today.  I can't say for sure if it is related, but it feels awfully coincidental.  I think, more than anything, Roku's response (or lack thereof) has convinced me that I am no longer interested in purchasing their products.  I wonder if they'll give me a refund or screw me over that way too.

0 Kudos
Salt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My remote is still having this issue. Roku support doesn't even respond to my emails anymore. At least I only wasted money on one. No more Rokus for me! 

gle0520

Remote Control Volume increases/decreases randomly

Jump to solution

I recently purchased three roku 4K Streaming Sticks to replace my cable boxes. Two of the three remotes have an issue with the volume increase/decrease function. If you tap either of the buttons, the volume will change by one but if you accidently hold either button, the volume will increase (or decrease to the maximum. I have compared all settings and cannot find any difference between the roku system that functions correctly and the two roku systems that are not functioning correctly. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote Control Volume increases/decreases randomly

Jump to solution

Hi @gle0520,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
rasen66

Voice Remote Button Issue

Jump to solution

I have had the voice remote for my TCL Roku TV a few months and it has worked great. Just last night, in the middle of using the TV the volume, home, and power buttons stopped working. I have tried all of the troubleshoots and fixes that I have found. Anyone else having this issue?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Voice Remote Button Issue

Jump to solution

Lots of people.  Roku is supposedly looking into it.  This is one of a few threads:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes/IR-Stops-working-Intermittently/td-p/840674/jump-to/first-unre...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @rasen66,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

In the meantime, please help us with the required details below so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • remote model (Settings > Remotes and Devices > Remotes > select the remote > About > Model)
  • TV brand and model number
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
BAW
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Well, Good luck everyone. I guess since my roku is over a year old, they won't even listen to me, although I don't want a replacement. I just want the issue fixed.

The issue has been here since November. I give up. Instead of buying another roku, I'm buying a competitors product, and moving on.

I hope they can finally fix it, or at least roll back the update from 3 months ago.

0 Kudos
Pete12341
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Not sure if this fixed the issue but I am not having a problem since I went into the secret menu and updated the software which appears to have re-installed the OS.   To get to the Secret menu:  press home five times then press fast forward 3 times then press rewind twice.  I selected update software and it rebooted.  Problem solved…