Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CoachJeff

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro - Intermittent problems controlling TV volume and power

Jump to solution

Mary,

Thank you for your quick reply.  The issue just happened and I followed your instructions to get Issue ID FU-045-879.

Model 4802X - Roku Ultra

SN X01000AF0AFU (S0DA226F0AFU)

Software Version 11.5.0 Build 4312-C2

Timestamp 2023-02-01T20:39:29Z

Coach Jeff

0 Kudos
ibfun42

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro - Intermittent problems controlling TV volume and power

Jump to solution

i’ve got a 4k+ running v11.5.0 build 4312. m/n:3821x, s/n:x01700mg5r0r, devid:s09t41cg5r0r.

former process engineer, so i’ve been trying to figure out the pattern of the volume/mute/power intermittently not working for a while.  i don’t use too many apps so it’s a real short study.

intermittent on sling and the dvr replay.  haven’t seen it yet on pluto, cbs news, roku, prime, espn, or cnn.

checked for roku update today and the sling app updated. i’ll see if that changes anything.

0 Kudos
montel
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Please ROKU - why do you keep asking for people to send in the details you already have from many of us...

0 Kudos
SMonty
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have also had the IR stop while setting it up to initially control the TV. Back when I was doing my troubleshooting, and moving three remotes between three different units and three different TV’s, I naturally had to reconnect each one each time. There were a couple of times the remote would stop and then the setup procedure would fail because of the intermittent IR. 
Therefore, I don’t believe it is related to any app. My gut feeling is that it is related to a time when programming was tweaked to try to save battery that users had been complaining about. I think perhaps the IR is not “waking up”.  But then, I’ve had it stop right in the middle of lowering the volume. It would lower for a few presses and then just stop. I can’t identify a way to recreate the failure, nor a consistent way to recover once it has happened. 

0 Kudos
SMonty
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Mary

As you requested, here is the information from a failure just a few minutes ago. All I did was pick up the remote to power off the TV and nothing happened. I then tried the volume, again nothing happened. I then used your procedure to get the following “Issue report tracker” data:

Model: 4800X - Roku Ultra

Serial number: X01000UJE69Y (S02A21DJE69Y)

Software version: 11.5.0 build 4312-C2

Timestamp: 2023-02-02T15:07:12Z

Issue ID 9Y-046-987

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @CoachJeff,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

We'll send this over to the Roku team for investigation. We'll get back to you once an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @SMonty,

Thanks for sharing your observation and providing information.

We are currently aware of the issue and our appropriate team working diligently to resolve the issue. Rest assured once more information is available I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

We appreciate your patience while we investigated this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ibfun42,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If this issue is not resolved, can you please provide the tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)? In addition, kindly provide the brand and model TV you are using.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SMonty
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Here is another one:

Tracker ID: 9Y-047-139

Model: 4800x - Roku Ultra

S/N: X01000UJE69Y (S02A21DJE69Y)

Software ver: 11.5.0  build 4312-C2

Timestamp: 2023-02-02T17:39:48Z

0 Kudos
Chipopks
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Add me to the list with the same problem. Good to know I'm not going crazy.

X017004xye2x (s09t421xye2x)

Very 11.5 - build 4312-cu

Time stamp: 2023-02-03t03:04:52z

Id 2x-047-704

Stick 4k+ with voice remote pro

Sharp TV

0 Kudos