Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BGKYMH
Channel Surfer

Re: IR Stops working Intermittently.

Jump to solution

Mine just went two or three weeks working perfectly and now is having the same intermittent IR problems again. As other people have said, it would be really nice if Roku would at least acknowledge there is a problem. 

0 Kudos
BGKYMH
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Attn. Roku

Here is the tracker information you requested for my remote intermittently not operating my tv volume control or power control. 

Remote control model: RC795 firmware version: rtn.4186

Model 4802X - Roku Ultra

Serial number: X010000W5RVT (S0DA222W5RVT)

Software version: 11.5.0  build 4312-C2

Timestamp: 2023-01-29T23:16:46Z

ID VT-041-716

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@BGKYMH

Thanks for the post and providing us with the information we have requested.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

Jump to solution

This started happening on all 3 of our ultra Roku remotes a few weeks ago.  The sound buttons, on/off button, mute button, anything that controls the TV will intermittently work and stop working.  I used a phone camera to view that the IR light functions or stops functioning.  It cannot be that all three remotes would suddenly started having the same exact hardware issue at the same time and with many other users reporting the same issue unless it is a firmware problem.

0 Kudos
kfly
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

At the risk of getting flamed 😀.

Any chance you changed all the batteries on the remotes at the same time? I replaced the batteries in all my remotes with the new Duracell powerboost and IR on all remotes stopped working. worth a try and test with a mix of old batteries to see if you can get the IR working again.

0 Kudos
BAW
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The remotes having this behavior are rechargeable, and do not have batteries that can be replaced.

0 Kudos
pholagoo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I've just noticed something, maybe others here can confirm whether or not their devices have been behaving similarly.  In addition to the obvious problem we're all here to discuss, I've noticed that, at random times, a notification will pop-up on screen to indicate that the "hands-free voice control" has been disabled.  Personally, I've had that switch set to the "off" position ever since I've gotten the remotes, and can safely say I'm about 99% positive that I'm not just accidentally toggling the switch on and then off again (otherwise, I would think it would at least notify me first that it's been toggled "on" and then again when I've switched it back "off").  Has anyone else experienced this?  Maybe the issues are related?  Or maybe it's just another issue to add to the pile!  Sorry if you all figure this deserves a separate post, I just figured it might be worth mentioning in case it coincides with the IR issue.

0 Kudos
BAW
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have noticed that, but I have seen that occasionally pop up randomly even before this issue. I just figured it was reconnecting or something.

I haven't seen it lately because I've been using standard remotes since they work fine.

I did strangely notice one of my voice remote pros was weirdly no longer connected to the Roku, and had to re pair it today. Maybe there was an update? It was only on 1 of them, though, so not getting any hopes up.

0 Kudos
CoachJeff

Roku Voice Remote Pro - Intermittent problems controlling TV volume and power

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Voice Remote Pro. I successfully paired it to my LG OLED C2 TV and it worked perfectly for several months.  Now, every few minutes, the remote volume and power functions stop working.  Then a few minutes later, they start working again.  Then a few minutes later they stop working. This has been going on for a few weeks.  I have tried re-pairing the remote with no effect. I have tried charging the remote with no effect. 

Please help.

Thank you. Coach Jeff

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro - Intermittent problems controlling TV volume and power

Jump to solution

Hi @CoachJeff,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

In the meantime, please help us with the required details below so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos