Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
docpsych

I'm trying to find why my rechargeable remote voice pro keeps blinking Problem with Voice Remote Pro

I have several rechargeable voice remotes. All work ok except the last one I bought, which keeps blinking a signal via the green light. When on charger it blinks 9 times and off charge it blinks 5 times. I've reset firmware, and paired with Ultra 4802R several times. It turns Sonyo tv on and off, the volume works,  Holding voice it will listen but will not complete commands, says it can't hear me.  Remote emits the two light signals, 5 times and 9 in series. Does Roku publish what these signals mean?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I'm trying to find why my rechargable remote voice pro keeps blinkiProblem with Voice Remote Pro

Hi @docpsych,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your inquiry about your Roku voice remote pro. Please be advised that a blinking green light on the remote often indicates low battery power, and charging the remote might help fix the issue. The status light (on the back of your remote) flashes slowly when charging and changes to solid green when complete. A full charge takes roughly 3 hours and lasts approximately 2 months under normal use. You can also check out this support article on how you can use voice to search and control your Roku Ultra.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
robdv

Re: I'm trying to find why my rechargable remote voice pro keeps blinkiProblem with Voice Remote Pro

My Roku Voice Remote Pro exhibits a related charging and blinking problem.

-it runs out of power in an hour or two, not months

-it flashes slowly when being charged, but does not stop blinking overnight, whether plugged into outlet or PC, rather it blinks faster

What's wrong? What's the fix?  Can a reset help?  How? 

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @robdv, thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We see that you're having an issue with your rechargeable Roku remote voice pro and we're here to assist you with this. 

Before we proceed, we would like to gather more specific information. It would be great if you could provide us with the following additional details:

• Is this the remote that came with your Roku device or was this purchased separately?
  • When did it start having problems pairing?
  • What Roku device is paired with your Roku remote?

In the meantime, we also suggest resetting your Roku remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again and see if this makes any difference.

We will await your response and closely investigate this issue. 

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.