Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m tired of buying remotes

I purchased a brand new Roku and the remote only lasted a couple weeks, got another and it didn’t last long either. These remotes aren’t cheap enough to purchase them every few weeks. I’m tired of throwing my money away. I take very good care of my remotes too and I am the only one that uses it. My daughter buys the remotes all the time too. She has went through 10 remotes within a years time. This is ridiculous!!!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: I’m tired of buying remotes

I’ve never had a remote fail.  What is the failure mode?  (ie: one button fails? Always the same button? Button gets stuck?)

Many third-party universal remotes include codes for Rokus and/or Roku TVs, so if you can’t find a Roku-brand remote that keeps working, that’s an option.  (This works for all Rokus which work with IR – the Roku “stick” models are the exception since they have no IR receivers.) 

There is also a Roku app for Android and iOS that lets you use your phone as a remote. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: I’m tired of buying remotes

Hi @Bionicsweety 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you tell us specifically the issue you're experiencing with your remote? What are the troubleshooting steps you've tried? Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos