Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No Pairing Button On New Remote

Jump to solution

@Sambam84 

You had the bad luck of picking one of the two Roku tv brand remotes that only work on each other, Hisense and Sharp Roku tv remotes. There is second code set used by many other Roku tv brands including your Hitachi. These brands include tcl, insignia, onn, hitachi, haier, element, jvc, sanyo, magnavox, and westingouse. Each of those will work with each other, they would work with hisense & sharp too, sense those brands accept both Roku tv code sets. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

FYI, at one point, Hisense was licensed to manufacture and sell TV sets carrying the Sharp brand; this happened for only four years between 2015-2019.  In 2016, Foxconn (also known as Hon Hai Technology Group) bought out Sharp, making Sharp a financial turnaround.  Between 2017-2018, Sharp filed a law-suit against the Hisense company due to the quality of the Sharp-branded Hisense TV sets that made Sharp strongly feel that the licensing was used inappropriately. Then in mid/late 2019, Sharp bought back its television electronics subsidiary from Hisense, and since then, official Sharp-manufactured sets have returned on the market.

On the other hand, the Dutch-based Philips company has owned Magnavox since 1974, and currently has a manufacturing and sales partnership with Funai Electric Co. Ltd., through their P&F USA Inc. joint venture.  Previously, beginning in the mid 1990s when Philips first started a partnership with Funai; the partnership was only for OEM manufacturing of certain electronics, such as VHS players/recorders and TV/VCR combos — Funai did the manufacturing, while Philips and mostly its Magnavox subsidiary did the branding.  Sanyo (aka the Sony Rip-Off) was bought out by Panasonic in early 2011, then three years later, Panasonic licensed Funai to manufacture and sell products under the Sanyo brand.  However, Panasonic does sell their batteries under the Eneloop product line, which was ran by Sanyo.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have the exact same issue. On. Roku tvs. New simple Roku replacement remote w/ no pairing button. I’ve tried EVERYTHING to get it to pair to my tv, it will NOT work. So I spent $20 on a new remote that I can’t even use!! Ugh!! Did u figure it out ever?

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Laceybarrett01 

I’m not sure if you’ve caught up on the thread yet, but if “On.” Means Onn (i.e.: you have Onn brand TVs), then a “Roku simple remote” will not work with it.

If you check the remotes on the accessories page, you’ll see that while the higher-end remotes do claim to work with Roku TVs, the simple remote does not.  And frankly, controlling a TV with a remote that doesn’t have any buttons for power or volume would be a fairly poor experience anyway.

0 Kudos
jbacun
Reel Rookie

I have a 10 year old Sony

Jump to solution

I use the newer remote on it and the Roku little box is collecting dust.

0 Kudos
Napalm1177

Jump to solution

Hold the back button and the home button till the green light flashes at the top.