Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote keeps draining batteries.

Jump to solution

@Bmcclenning

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
beck2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have had this issue for a couple of months now without any help at all from Roku.  It should have been resolved then, no one contacted me directly to assist with this problem.  So it'll be bye bye Roku remote

0 Kudos
Bmcclenning
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Agreed, I provided what he asked for but have not seen a response. At least google chrome casts were sent to us for free given their company disputes. May be time to switch fully to chrome casts..

0 Kudos
GeneR
Binge Watcher

Re: Remote keeps draining batteries. ME TOO!!! Me Me Me

Jump to solution

Well, to be brief - the replacement remote also looses power at about the same rate that the original one did!

After about two weeks the level is at 35%! Not good. If a solution isn't forthcoming, I will expect to be able to return the product and be issued a full refund. Please contact me! Thanks/

Gene

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@beck2 @Bmcclenning

Thanks for the post.

It looks like we requested your device serial number when you last posted which you did not provide us so we could further assist you.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? Once we have that information we will be able to pass it along to our Support team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@GeneR

Thanks for the follow up.

It looks like you were previously in touch with our Support team regarding a replacement remote. We would recommend continuing to work with them as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
darewear
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

For all of the people who may be having excessive battery drainage issues with your remote.  I have troubleshooting this from about every angle.  I have even had a new replacement remote sent out to me by Roku and continued to have the same issue.  Here is what I think the problem might be.  For those who have a remote that has the headset capabilities, and you use them a lot while they are plugged into the remote, it's a huge drain on the remote batteries.  Even if you leave headsets plugged in while the TV is on but you may leave or forget to unplug them from the remote, you will drain the batteries within 2-3 days. I started to unplug mine when I was not watching TV or even when powered off and got a least another week of battery life.  Now, with all that being said, definingly I believe that you should be able to get much more life than 2 weeks regardless.  Yes, Roku you need to have your technical engineers diagnose the issue because, in my opinion, you have a major design flaw with the remotes that have headset capabilities.

0 Kudos
Shiven17

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R  all of my rokus have been updated and my batteries in remotes die in a few days. I cant plug them into the wall bc of

lack of outlets. Please find me a better somution. Thank you

0 Kudos
yawitz
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@darewear wrote:

....Yes, Roku you need to have your technical engineers diagnose the issue because, in my opinion, you have a major design flaw with the remotes that have headset capabilities.

The problem was not limited to headset-capable remotes. However, in my case, the remote firmware update released a while ago fully fixed the problem for me. YMMV.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Shiven17

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

For us to further help you out, please provide us the following information:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos