Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sr_Will
Reel Rookie

How Do I Turn My Roku Ultra Device Off

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Ultra - I am new to Roku.

I wonder how to turn off the Roku unit when I press the power button on its remote.  I read on several other posts that Roku devices don't turn off.  Running my Roku Ultra takes a lot out of my bandwidth and I would like the unit off when it's not in use to save resources. 

Suggestions please..,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How Do I Turn My Roku Ultra Device Off

Jump to solution

@Sr_Will 

The most important thing to do is remembering to press the "Home" button on the Roku device when you are finished streaming.  This will return you to the Home Screen and stop all streaming (bandwidth usage).

You can also enable "Bandwidth Saver" under Settings/Network/Bandwidth Saver/ [On] that will automatically stop streaming after 4hrs if there has been no interaction with the device for awhile.

The Power button is simply a "TV control".  It turns on/off the TV and has no effect on the Roku device.

Just press Home when you are finished streaming.  The Roku device should eventually go into a sleep mode.  To resume streaming next time (after the device has gone to sleep), press the Home button to wake it up.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Sr_Will 

The most important thing to do is remembering to press the "Home" button on the Roku device when you are finished streaming.  This will return you to the Home Screen and stop all streaming (bandwidth usage).

You can also enable "Bandwidth Saver" under Settings/Network/Bandwidth Saver/ [On] that will automatically stop streaming after 4hrs if there has been no interaction with the device for awhile.

The Power button is simply a "TV control".  It turns on/off the TV and has no effect on the Roku device.

Just press Home when you are finished streaming.  The Roku device should eventually go into a sleep mode.  To resume streaming next time (after the device has gone to sleep), press the Home button to wake it up.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Sr_Will
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks! 

That explains things...

RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Sr_Will,

Thank you for participating in the Roku Community!

Thanks a lot for bringing this issue to our attention. Your input means a lot to us. I just wanted to add our Roku expert's response. You can visit our support page for detailed guidance on enabling the bandwidth saver and How to set up your Roku voice remote to control your TV.

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply back to the thread for furtherhttps://support.roku.com/  assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.