Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gebargo

Have a old roku stick and no remote

Jump to solution

I have an old roku stick I found. I dont have a remote that works with it and i have no clue what internet it was last connected to. Is there any way to get it connected to my wi-fi?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Have a old roku stick and no remote

Jump to solution

Not without a remote.

You might want to figure out what model it is - anything less than a 3600 really isnt worth the effort, especially considering a remote alone is at least $20 (Voice Remote).

You can get a brand new $30 Express 4K+ or $40 Streaming Stick+ right now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Not without a remote.

You might want to figure out what model it is - anything less than a 3600 really isnt worth the effort, especially considering a remote alone is at least $20 (Voice Remote).

You can get a brand new $30 Express 4K+ or $40 Streaming Stick+ right now.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If it's a purple Roku Stick, replacement remotes simply aren't available. For the 3600 or later, you can still get a remote, but for only a little more than the cost of a remote you can get a brand new Roku player, which will be a much better working player than any early Stick model. The Roku Express 4K+ is currently on sale for $30, and it's a huge improvement over any Roku Stick, other than maybe the current model. But I think the 4K+ would be the smart choice.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos