Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ddieter
Reel Rookie

Express 4K remote volume button works opposite

My remote's volume buttons often work in opposite direction - down turns it up specifically. It's fairly new. Any ideas , or how to get support ? Roku says device isn't eligible for support 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Express 4K remote volume button works opposite

Thanks for posting here at the Roku Community, @Ddieter!

We appreciate you for raising your concern here with us. No worries! Our Support team would be more than happy to further assist you with this. Kindly check your email from time to time, as they will reach you there for updates. 

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can be of assistance with. We'd be glad to help.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Relegator

I am having the same problem. Could someone from the support team assist me as well?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Relegator,

From the Roku Community, welcome!

We see that you're seeing the same issue going on with your remote, and we'd like to take a step in here.

Could you please tell us when you started seeing this and what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far?

If you haven't tried any, you can check out some guides here on how to proceed: How to fix your Roku voice or a simple remote that is not working

Let us know more about this so that we can further assist you.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lnpartlow

Same problem here.  Just installed two new Rokus in my house - one remote works fine and the other one has the volume buttons opposite.  I tried re-pairing the remote and it’s still wrong. Help please?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Lnpartlow.

We appreciate you reaching out for support regarding issues with your Roku remote's functions. We'd be happy to provide further information about this.

We strongly advise you to return the Roku players to the store where you purchased them and request a replacement. This is the best course of action to take if you are experiencing any issues with the product. It is important to note that you must return the players within the return period specified by the store's policy. You may want to check with the store to confirm their return policy before proceeding. 

If you purchased your new Roku players through our website, you may refer to our Support article to help you know the step-by-step instructions for returns and warranty replacements, or you can give us a Private Message here so we can coordinate this with our Support team. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos