Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kjrn15

Re: Enhanced remote green light flashes constantly and can’t pair it to my streaming stick +

I tried all of the suggestions and nothing worked for me. I have a roku stick and I tried switching the HDMI port to a different one and that finally worked! It automatically paired my remote and started working again. 

0 Kudos
MAGA2020

Re: Enhanced remote green light flashes constantly and can’t pair it to my streaming stick +

I was having the same exact problem, I followed the instructions multiple times and still the light would just flash. So I put my remote down and started reading through all of these posts and after a few minutes the remote paired itself... while I was reading how to trouble shoot it. So maybe your remote just needs more time to pair

0 Kudos
AtchaB
Reel Rookie

I had the similar issue and tried all that was suggested but it didn’t work.  So I removed the batteries and left them off over night (about 7 hours) then when I put the batteries back on the flash green light didn’t come on and remote functioned as if nothing happened.  I didn’t even have to pair it over again it just worked.

0 Kudos

Did the above and it paired, BUT the next time I tried to use the remote it did not work . Got a New remote, but there was no change to my problem !!???

0 Kudos
AtchaB
Reel Rookie

Getting a new remote will not solve this problem.  It’s a pairing issue and there is not a ‘forget device’ option so by leaving the remote without batteries for a long period of time allowed the remote to forget the TV.  I left mine working will check it out when I get home later and give you feedback.

0 Kudos
Family12

Remote pairing light flashing

Changed the batteries in my remote. The pairing light is continuously flashing and the remote isn’t working for the Roku stick. Light won’t stop flashing. 

0 Kudos
AtchaB
Reel Rookie

Remote still works.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote pairing light flashing

While it flashing unplug the power from the stick for a bit and then plug it back in see if the they connect to each other after awhile. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Rosechvz0

Re: Remote pairing light flashing

I had the same problem with my Roku remote. The green light kept flashing and would not stop. The TV would not even turn on. I tried all the recommendations and still would not help. So by accident, I was close to the Roku unit and I accidentally hit the B button on my remote. It WORKED! The green light turned off, the TV came on and am sorry because I do not know how I fixed it. I just know I hit the B button on my remote. I hope this can help someone.

0 Kudos
Resi4u

I have the same problem - did you find a solution?

0 Kudos