Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GinaWalls
Reel Rookie

Re: Connecting to WiFi without remote

Jump to solution

Hello I’m having a similar issue. The Roku device it’s the oval one flat bottom

was given to me by friends who didn’t need it just the remote.   They eventually lost that one too. 

I tried  for hours to get my touch screen all in one hp windows fo switch over to hdmi mode.  I figure with it being touch and it’s connected to my network maybe I could get it to sync. 

apparently. My computer will bring up the prompt  of the keys I should use in hdmi mode but won’t actually take me to it. 

can anyone guide me or am I wasting my time ? 

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@GinaWalls 

What are you trying to do with your computer?  Most computers have HDMI ports, but most of those ports are output ports.  The Roku also has an HDMI output port.  So Rokus and computers are normally not connected to each other.  TVs have HDMI input ports, and that is what a Roku is normally connected to.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
GinaWalls
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I plugged the device into the port on my computer to try to connect it to the network and the computer won’t switch to hdmi mode. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@GinaWalls that won't work. The HDMI port on your computer is output only. It will not act as an input and display the signal from the Roku. You must connect the Roku to a display (TV or computer monitor) that has an HDMI input.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.