Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UltraSpidif
Binge Watcher

Charging new V2 PRO Remote

Jump to solution

How long to charge completely (1st time) V2 Remote.

I charged for 25 minutes, started the 3821 w/older remote because the 3821 to me didn't include the Rechargeable remote. I paired it using settings and add remote and all seems well BUT I see nowhere where it's mentioned how long to charge the 1st time. Is there a light that goes out when 100% charged? 

The light to the left of the 'power' is slow flashing.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Charging new V2 PRO Remote

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @UltraSpidif!

Congratulations on your new Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd Edition)! We'd be happy to provide further information about this.

Our newest released remote has a 50+% bigger battery than the first generation so that the charging time will be longer than usual. The remotes come with approximately 60% battery life and can be paired with your Roku player immediately for use.

Fully charging your drained remote will take up to 5.5 hours, and this will typically last for three months.

We have a support article dedicated to this: Getting to know your Roku Voice Remote Pro.

Happy Streaming!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for responding, @UltraSpidif.

When your remote is charging, the light beside the power button will flash white. Once fully charged, the light will stay a solid white. To check the battery level, go to Settings > Remotes & devices > Remotes > Select the desired remote (if more than one is connected) > About. Under the Battery Level section, you will see the current charge level. 

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @UltraSpidif!

Congratulations on your new Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd Edition)! We'd be happy to provide further information about this.

Our newest released remote has a 50+% bigger battery than the first generation so that the charging time will be longer than usual. The remotes come with approximately 60% battery life and can be paired with your Roku player immediately for use.

Fully charging your drained remote will take up to 5.5 hours, and this will typically last for three months.

We have a support article dedicated to this: Getting to know your Roku Voice Remote Pro.

Happy Streaming!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
UltraSpidif
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

So when 100% charged is there a light that goes 'solid' or what? I imagine that the battery charge can be checked also in settings after the initial charge, Even with the 'backlight' you believe potentially 3 month life?

0 Kudos
UltraSpidif
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

So when 100% charged is there a light that goes 'solid' or what? I imagine that the battery charge can be checked also in settings after the initial charge, Even with the 'backlight' you believe potentially 3 month life?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for responding, @UltraSpidif.

When your remote is charging, the light beside the power button will flash white. Once fully charged, the light will stay a solid white. To check the battery level, go to Settings > Remotes & devices > Remotes > Select the desired remote (if more than one is connected) > About. Under the Battery Level section, you will see the current charge level. 

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos