Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jg9912

TCL remote, all buttons working EXCEPT the power button.

Jump to solution

Always having to use my phone to turn my TCL Roku tv on and off but all the other buttons on the remote work just fine. No option to repair the remote as there is no pairing button on a TCL remote. When I go to remotes in Roku settings my remote dosent even show up , but works still? Very confused, please help, thanks .

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TCL remote, all buttons working EXCEPT the power button.

Jump to solution

Your TCL remote is probably an IR (infrared) remote and doesn't have to be paired.  I assume it doesn't have a microphone button which would make it a voice remote which would have to be paired.  Only remotes that have to be paired show up in the TV's settings.

Remote buttons do wear out.  If you mash the power button really hard does it work?  You can verify whether IR remotes are working by pointing them at a digital camera like the one in your phone.  When you press a button on the remote you should see a flash coming from the remote on the camera's screen.  Try a few buttons and then the power button and check if you see anything.

Roku has a relatively new simple remote for TVs if you need to replace yours:

Roku TV Remote | Replacement Remote For Roku TV | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TCL remote, all buttons working EXCEPT the power button.

Jump to solution

Your TCL remote is probably an IR (infrared) remote and doesn't have to be paired.  I assume it doesn't have a microphone button which would make it a voice remote which would have to be paired.  Only remotes that have to be paired show up in the TV's settings.

Remote buttons do wear out.  If you mash the power button really hard does it work?  You can verify whether IR remotes are working by pointing them at a digital camera like the one in your phone.  When you press a button on the remote you should see a flash coming from the remote on the camera's screen.  Try a few buttons and then the power button and check if you see anything.

Roku has a relatively new simple remote for TVs if you need to replace yours:

Roku TV Remote | Replacement Remote For Roku TV | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.