Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reegmo
Reel Rookie

Can't program personal shortcut buttons on Voice Remote Pro

Jump to solution

I bought a Roku Voice Remote Pro. It has two shortcut buttons, labeled 1 and 2. The instructions in the package say that I can program the buttons by speaking a voice command, then holding one of the buttons to save that command

For the life of me, I can't get it to work. I speak my command ("open Plex"). Plex opens. I hold the 1 button. The remote beeps when I press it, then beeps when I release it. Then I go back to the home screen and test the button to see if it will open Plex. It doesn't. It just beeps when I press it.

It behaves the same way no matter what voice command I give it. It never executes the command when I press the button. 

I complained to Amazon and they sent me a replacement. The replacement behaves the same.

Am I doing it wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't program personal shortcut buttons on Voice Remote Pro

Jump to solution

Are you outside the US? It seems it doesn't work in Canada now, where it use too. I'm sure its the same for other non-US countries. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Are you outside the US? It seems it doesn't work in Canada now, where it use too. I'm sure its the same for other non-US countries. 

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
reegmo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, I'm outside the US. That's frustrating. Thanks.

codo180
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Not only frustrating, but completely nonsensical and disappointing as well for a $50 remote. There is absolutely no logical reason why this feature should be region locked, it makes no sense. Please address immediately

0 Kudos
wannaknow
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes, I too am waiting to be able to use the personal shortcut buttons....

I live in Canada & its ridiculous that I can't use those buttons...I guess Roku isn't international....😣....

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

Flagging this to bring it to the attention of Roku employees @RokuDanny-R, @RokuKariza-D, & @RokuMary-F

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
codo180
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This suddenly started working for me a while back, in Canada. By accident actually, the dog lid on the remote and the configuration triggered. 

What I've also learned though is we're locked out of nearly all screensavers and backgrounds in Canada. The selection we have is pathetic