Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Galschals
Channel Surfer

New Roku remote right arrow not responding

Hello , I have replaced my Roku streaming stick remote recently . After a month , the right arrow button has become very sticky. I have to press hard several time to get it working . Just spent £20 on this stuff . Please help to fix it. I think Roku remotes are of inferior quality

0 Kudos
84 REPLIES 84
71cristina

Brand new Roku Remote - right arrow not responding

Purchased brand new Roku Remote and right arrow button does not work! Tried replacing batteries and nothing f same issue 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Brand new Roku Remote - right arrow not responding

Hi @71cristina,

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We want to help you with this, we'll and need more information. Where did you purchase this new Roku remote of yours? Also, what troubleshooting steps have you taken besides replacing the batteries? Did you try to pair and unpair your Roku remote to see if the issue persists? If not, we recommend giving it a try.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
MichaelC3

My original remote was not working last year and I bought a new one from a local Walmart.  Lately the right arrow would occasionally not work and got worse over time.  Last week I bought another (from Walmart again) and the right arrow started failing on the first evening we used it.  Quality issues?

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MichaelC3,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the inconvenience that it has caused. This is not what we aim for. We want to look closer to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help.

We also recommend looking at our Support page to troubleshoot remote issues: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

Please let us know if the steps provided on the Support page still aren't helping.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
MamaKat
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue. Bought the Roku Express 4K+ 2022 | Streaming Player HD/4K/HDR with Roku Voice Remote with TV Controls in April and as of a month ago, the right arrow does not work. Other buttons are fine! 

We tried to get a new remote but in the Roku store it says no remotes are compatible with our device. Please advise @RokuJechealR or @RokuTakashi 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MamaKat,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're having with the Roku remote. Please try the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Remotes & Devices.
  4. Select Remote.
  5. Choose your voice remote from the list and select Set up remote for TV control.
  6. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.

Let us know how it works.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
bubbie
Reel Rookie

i have same problem with orginal remote and with new remote. NONE of  your suggested troubleshooting techniques solved the problem. It appears this is a manufacturing issue. the contacts on the touchpads are defective. How are you going to solve this problem?

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @bubbie

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We're sorry to hear about this, and we'll gladly help to sort out the concern you had with the Roku remote. We've sent you a PM here in the Roku Community.

We're hoping to hear back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
agern

@RokuTakashi @RokuJohnB 

I am having the same problem with the right arrow button not working on my #RokuExpress4K+. It is only 3 weeks old and the right arrow stopped working in the 2nd week. We have tried all the steps to resolve, like battery replacement, reset, re-pair. There are so many of us with the same issue. Must be a manufacturing defect. Please just send us all a new remote that works

Thank you.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.