Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tidulyanai
Channel Surfer

Back button acts like Rewind

Jump to solution

This happened to me recently. When I press the Back button on the remote, what's playing rewinds back instead of going to the previous screen. Contrary to suggestion that the problem is unique to a channel programming, it happens in ALL channels. The problem is on Roku Ultra 4200 which I acquired in 2021 and had been working very well. I had power cycled, reset the unit, checked that the software is at the current level, tried with new batteries on the remote, and tried using the app on an android phone, none of them helped; it behaves the same. Net effect is that I now have two Rewind buttons but no Back button. It really hampers getting around the channel. Only workaround is to go all the way back to Home and get to the channel again. I have spent a lot of time searching on the web with no success. Any help will be much appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Back button acts like Rewind

Jump to solution

Not that it matters, but the 4200 is a Roku 3.

Just to be certain, the Back button is to the left of the Home button.  Some people seem to think that the left arrow, rewind, or instant replay buttons are the Back button.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Not that it matters, but the 4200 is a Roku 3.

Just to be certain, the Back button is to the left of the Home button.  Some people seem to think that the left arrow, rewind, or instant replay buttons are the Back button.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
tidulyanai
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

renojim, Thank you for your help!

I made a mistake in assuming that "Instant Replay" button on the Roku remote was "Back" because of the icon on it. Your comment led me to the Roku manual and that solves the problem.

As they say: "When all else fail, Read the manual" (or post on the Roku Community where all the helpful folks are!)

Now that I am using the correct "Back" button everything works fine.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.