Manufacturer support & warranty resources

Find Roku TV support and resources for troubleshooting, setup, and repair information. Contact your Roku TV manufacturer for more help or browse our forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mfuquay
Channel Surfer

Ruku TV - Activation issue, not downloading

Jump to solution

My sons Roku Element TV needed to be activate. We typed in my email address. I got the email to activat and went through that process.

No it seems to get stuck very early in the process of downloading the channels. We left it on all night last night, and when I woke up this morning it was still on 1/95. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Ruku TV - Activation issue, not downloading

Jump to solution

Hi @mfuquay,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

It seems like this issue is not entirely rooted in the network. No worries, let's fix this issue together. One last option to recommend performing is a factory reset to resolve this issue. 

Please be aware that factory resetting the Roku TV will require you to re-activate the device and may ask for you to re-authenticate some channels.
For more information about how to perform a factory reset on a Roku device, visit our Support page here: System restart or factory reset your streaming device
In addition, please be aware that when you remove a channel from a Roku device, it will be removed from all Roku devices linked to the same Roku account.
Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
mfuquay
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Factory reset worked…thanks so much!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @mfuquay,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your issue with downloading channels on your Roku TV after activating it. One of the reasons it might get stuck and not download the apps could be the Internet connection you are connected to. Please try to restart the modem and router by unplugging them from the wall outlet and plugging them back in. After doing so, observe if the Roku TV will start downloading the channels. If it's still not downloading, we highly suggest connecting your Roku TV to an alternative connection, such as a hotspot with cellular data or wired internet.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
mfuquay
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I really do appreciate the warm welcome and the suggestions. I have tried both(restarting the router and trying a hotspot) and I’m still having the same problem. We also have three or four other devises running fine on the same  wifi. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @mfuquay,

Thanks for updating us here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about the issue you ran into. Please provide us with more details so we can assist you further.

• How many devices do you have connected to your network right now? (e.g., TV, mobile phone, laptop, computer, Roku devices)
  • How are you trying to connect to your network? Is it via a wired or wireless connection?
  • How far is your Roku TV from your network router?
  • Can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?

In the meantime, we highly suggest using a network that is not congested and is not too far from the Roku TV since it is dependent on the internet network. You can also try to restart setup by restarting the TV and activation.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mfuquay
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
  • How many devices do you have connected to your network right now? (e.g., TV, mobile phone, laptop, computer, Roku devices) :
    • Answer: 5 phones, 4 laptops, 1 desktop, 2 X-Boxes; 2 Roku devises, not including the one in question have access to the network (obviously not all at once, normally)
  • How are you trying to connect to your network? Answer - via Wifi
  • Is it via a wired or wireless connection? Wireless
  • How far is your Roku TV from your network router? normally about 30 feet or so, router is downstairs, the Roku TV is upstairs -- this morning I moved the Roku TV downstairs about 2 feet from the Router with minimal activity from other devices, with the same result
  • Can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?
    • not sure how to upload the file (i'm sorry), but after the Roku asks for my email to add the device, i go to the email sent from the Roku to activate the device, answer the questions and the Roku TV say's "Channel Update 1 of 94"....that's where its stuck

I I understand that probably the next step would be to buy a ethernet cable to plug the roku tv to the router, but my question is with all the other devices running just fine (although lagging at times when there are too many running at once), why would the Roku TV be the only one that requires an ethernet cable to connect to the our wifi. My attempt this morning was when my family was asleep and the Roku TV is really the only thing taking bandwith.

I want to say again that I really appreciate your time.

0 Kudos
mfuquay
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

IMG_4076.JPG

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @mfuquay,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

It seems like this issue is not entirely rooted in the network. No worries, let's fix this issue together. One last option to recommend performing is a factory reset to resolve this issue. 

Please be aware that factory resetting the Roku TV will require you to re-activate the device and may ask for you to re-authenticate some channels.
For more information about how to perform a factory reset on a Roku device, visit our Support page here: System restart or factory reset your streaming device
In addition, please be aware that when you remove a channel from a Roku device, it will be removed from all Roku devices linked to the same Roku account.
Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mfuquay
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Factory reset worked…thanks so much!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.