Manufacturer support & warranty resources

Find Roku TV support and resources for troubleshooting, setup, and repair information. Contact your Roku TV manufacturer for more help or browse our forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ilusionofchoice
Channel Surfer

Manually Updating by USB with a black screen

Jump to solution

I replaced my LED's but it didn't fix the sudden black screen of death on my TCL 75 inch Roku TV (only 2 1/2 years old), which is a bit dissappointing. I found a great youtube video that was quite useful:

TCL 75" LED TV Not Working - How to Repair No Backlight Issue - (GIC75LB08) 75S421 75S423 75S425 - Y...

The LED's I bought from :

TV Parts and Boards Distributor | TVPARTSBAY.com

After replacing all the parts (Twice) I've been reading through these pages for possible solutions, outside of hardware failure such as a possible firmware or software update that could be the cause; however, since I can't see anything on my screen it is difficult to follow Roku's manual update using formated USB options. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Manually Updating by USB with a black screen

Jump to solution

Hi @ilusionofchoice,

Thanks for the post.

We appreciate your for sharing this information with us. This seems like a hardware issue of your TCL Roku TV since it is showing behaviors related to the screen. Have you tried contacting TCL inquiring further about this about a possible fix and workaround? If not, we highly recommend doing so to see how this can be addressed. Roku TV manufacturers provide direct support with their TV models.

Contact TCL at:

TCL or at 1-877-300-8837

We hope the best for you.

Regards,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ilusionofchoice,

Thanks for the post.

We appreciate your for sharing this information with us. This seems like a hardware issue of your TCL Roku TV since it is showing behaviors related to the screen. Have you tried contacting TCL inquiring further about this about a possible fix and workaround? If not, we highly recommend doing so to see how this can be addressed. Roku TV manufacturers provide direct support with their TV models.

Contact TCL at:

TCL or at 1-877-300-8837

We hope the best for you.

Regards,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ilusionofchoice
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response. Yes, TCL customer service was my first stop when my TV screen suddenly went black.  And previous to the black out the TV worked just fine and displayed no signs or negative behavior. Just one day out of the blue it just went black. No flickering or indicator something was wrong. That was back in may, (just over two years after purchasing this product), which seems like such a short life span. 

If this is hardware related, then they've stumped me pretty good as I have replaced all parts (twice - other than the LED's, which one time was too many. lol)

Question...This TCL TV has ROKU build into the system; however, is there a way another way to test the ROKU system on this TV by maybe plugging in an external ROKU device and posibly bypass the onboard ROKU? Seems unlikely I know, but at this point I am not sure what else to do other than scrap this TV, which would be a bummer. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.