Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AJNNC

White bulb won’t enter pairing mode

Jump to solution

Just purchased two white bulbs. One set up fine. The other won’t enter pairing mode. I have tried turning it off and on three times. And used different lamps on different circuits. Still won’t enter pairing mode. The bulb does seem very hot. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: White bulb won’t enter pairing mode

Jump to solution

Hi @AJNNC,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know that you are having trouble setting up your Roku Smart Bulb SE White. We would be more than happy to assist you with this.

It seems like you've done the basic troubleshooting, let's see if this will work for you. Please follow the step-by-step process below:

• Try again to reset the bulb by turning it off 3 times.
  • Relaunching the Smart Home app by uninstalling and reinstalling it.
  • Relocate the bulb to a different outlet and see if there's an issue with the original location.
  • Reset again the device:
  1. Open the Home screen
  2. Tap the plus sign from the navigation bar
  3. Select Add device
  4. Select your device category and then select a device
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions

For more details, please visit our Roku Support article: How to set up your Roku Smart Bulb SE

We hope these troubleshooting steps will work for you.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @AJNNC,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know that you are having trouble setting up your Roku Smart Bulb SE White. We would be more than happy to assist you with this.

It seems like you've done the basic troubleshooting, let's see if this will work for you. Please follow the step-by-step process below:

• Try again to reset the bulb by turning it off 3 times.
  • Relaunching the Smart Home app by uninstalling and reinstalling it.
  • Relocate the bulb to a different outlet and see if there's an issue with the original location.
  • Reset again the device:
  1. Open the Home screen
  2. Tap the plus sign from the navigation bar
  3. Select Add device
  4. Select your device category and then select a device
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions

For more details, please visit our Roku Support article: How to set up your Roku Smart Bulb SE

We hope these troubleshooting steps will work for you.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TheTank

Jump to solution

What am I supposed to do when none of your solutions work?

0 Kudos
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@TheTank @AJNNC @RokuRiamie-D 

I havent tried these troubleshooting options but I had the same thing happen with a pair of color bulbs. One connected and the 2nd didn't.

I'm curious if either of you when plugging in the 2nd bulb saw the bulb flash green at all? It's been a little over a week since installing the first and tried the 2nd so its hard to recall second by second what happened but mine def flashed green I unplugged it quickly cause I decided last second I wanted to change the location I was going to use the bulb and it was after that that I started getting nothing from the 2nd bulb.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.