Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Smart Home light bulb wont go into pairing mode

Jump to solution

Hi, @ahilel

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we would be more than glad to assist. May we know what troubleshooting steps have you taken in an attempt to resolve the issue? Also, what specific model is your Roku smart light bulb?

With more details, we can assist better.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jball

Jump to solution

Mine won’t go into PAIRING MODE either what a piece of shyt’ your shout’ ROKU never am I buying anything from you thief’s again … not only that … the indoor cam doesn’t work either or the HOME App…. O well i hope the laawsuit is worthy

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Jball!

We value your concern over the inability of your indoor camera to function on the Roku Smart Home app and the incapacity of your Roku Smart Home light bulb to enter pairing mode. No worries! We'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution possible. 

Regarding your Smart Home light bulb, can you please try to switch it ON and OFF three times quickly to see if this will trigger the pairing mode? If it doesn't do anything, kindly try to plug it into a different lamp and try to switch it ON and OFF three times again. 

About your indoor camera, we'd like to know more about how it doesn't work. 

• Are you having trouble navigating it on the smart home app?
  • Are you experiencing pairing issues? or does it involve the live recording?

We'll be anticipating your update as we are more than eager to help you utilize your Roku Smart Home devices without trouble.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cincin1169

Jump to solution

Got the light bulbs around Oct 2023. We had a power outage about a month ago (Jan 2024) and when power came back on only one white light bulb remained connected to the app. The other three I have not been able to reconnect no matter how many times I flip the switch, move the bulbs, reset my wifi...nothing. Very frustrated that I paid as much as I did for 1 bulb that works and 3 standard on/off bulbs.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Cincin1169,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your Roku Smart Bulbs. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

Have you tried removing the smart bulbs from the Roku smart Home device and adding them back again to set it up again as new?

Kindly try setting up your Roku Smart Bulb SE as new again and see if it fixes the issue.

If the issue persists, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pjtunes

Re: Wont go into pairing mode

Jump to solution

I have about 25 Roku light bulbs color and white also a doorbell and a hardwired Roku player. The lights sometimes go bad after a power outage and the router restarts they are no longer fixable. I had a new one do this and I returned it the next day to Walmart. Roku lights that do this cannot be fixed it is a technical issue with the development of the bulbs throw them in the trash you've lost your money if you get one of these bad ones.

0 Kudos
TeamJK0816
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Was there ever a solution found for you? I am having the exact same problem. I have 3 other light bulbs working fine. 1 light bulb was offline, when I tried to get it back online (via repairing) the light WILL NOT enter pairing mode. I have removed the bulb from the socket for over a hour, tried flipping the switch on and off 3 times (did that multiple times) and it still won't enter pairing mode. 

I am always told there is a signal issue. But this is not signal related at all as the bulb it self isn't even connected to any type of Internet. 

Getting sick of the repeated issues with the whole Roku Smart home system at this point.

#roku smart home smart bulb SE

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @TeamJK0816

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention, and we're sorry to hear about the issues you've encountered. Kindly be advised that we've acknowledged your concern and has been forwarded to the Support team. 

We hope for your patience and understanding as we work on this.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TeamJK0816
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Crazy how this was Monday it's now going on Saturday morning and STILL haven't heard from anyone at Roku aside from a generic email asking for my contact info... Which I provided! 

Can't get help at all from anyone here. 😭 Looks like it's time to find new smart home provider that can better assist when having issues with their products 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TeamJK0816,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku smart home bulb. We're happy to assist you further. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Did you previously set up this Roku smart home bulb?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?
  • Have you tried factory resetting by turning the bulb off or on three times and setting up the device like a new one?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                              John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos