Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beatee123

Roku Smart Home light bulb wont go into pairing mode

Jump to solution

Ive had this roku bulb for a while now and at one point it was connected, however it disconnected and now refuses to go into pairing mode (turning it off and on three times to get it to flash) ive tried multiple locations and different types of light fixtures but nothing seems to be working. whats wrong with these things? so many people are having the same issue and the same things are said over and over and nothing is fixed!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Wont go into pairing mode

Jump to solution

Greetings @beatee123 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding your Roku Smart Home Light Bulb pairing issue.

Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns and details to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further.

If you have another issue in the future, please don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

69 REPLIES 69
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @beatee123 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding your Roku Smart Home Light Bulb pairing issue.

Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns and details to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further.

If you have another issue in the future, please don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same problem. Has anyone found a solution yet?? This is so frustrating!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @Alexmajor97 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku Smart Home Light Bulb. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ReadWryt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So I see on this page where there are two people having the same problem as me, a notification that there's a solution (There is none) and 3 replies, two of them being the same autogenerated message that has no solution.

Nothing like the big "YOU" from a company I've bought products from since the release of the Roku 2. Seriously, My white Roku light won't go into pairing mode. THESE OTHER TWO POEPLW HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. If there's a solution to this problem, ie...tried the turning it off and on three times thing and it didn't work...then do us a favor and help us make the product operate as advertised.

Thurgie

Jump to solution

I am the 4th person that this has happened now. All of my lightbulbs upon purchase worked great. Setup to Wi-Fi, could change light settings, and everything just worked great. Then there was a Power outage for about a day, 2 days ago, and now the bulb will turn on and off like a regular light bulb but it refuses to reconnect to my wifi and smart home system. I can’t get it back into pair mode either no matter how many times I flip the light switch or unplug the bulb and plugging it in elsewhere to try to get it to reset. 

At this point if there is no remedy to this issue to have our light bulbs work again, I recommend to all people looking at this thread to get a refund on this product because it’s trash and Roku doesn’t care to fix it. Go buy from Waze light bulbs. Much better customer support and the bulbs actually work like they are intended to. 

RokuArvyS
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ReadWryt @Thurgie
Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thank you for the information. Please be advised that we have passed along your information to our Support team. They will reach out to assist you further.

Best regards,
Arvy

Marc
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ben527

Jump to solution

I have the same issue.  What a piece of junk and what horrible customer service.

mckaytrim

Jump to solution

REFUND ME OR FIX IT ROKU

RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @mckaytrim,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku Smart Home Light Bulb. 

I'm sorry to hear about the experience. That's not what we aim for.

It would be helpful if you could tell us more about what is happening so we can assist you better.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos