Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ignoble

Re: Wont go into pairing mode

Jump to solution

If this ain’t what you’re aiming for, fix it then you schmucks.

Jump to solution

My bulb is stuck on red and you offer no help to anyone with this issue. I'll never buy another roku product again

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ignoble @Kells23skidoo,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having problems with the light bulbs. We're happy to help. Please try these steps:

1. Check if the Roku Smart Home app and bulb firmware are up to date.
  2. Check if the Bulb is in a socket with a dimmer switch.
    • If it is in a socket with a dimmer switch, please try moving the bulb to a different socket, as dimmer switches are not suggested for use.
    • If it is on a dimmer switch and you cannot move it to a different socket, ensure the dimmer switch is turned up to its highest setting.
  3. Reboot the router.
  4. Turn off the bulb manually with the light switch for 5 seconds, then turn it back on.
  5. Factory Reset and set up the device as a new one by turning the light switch associated with the bulb off or on three times. (Reset is successful when the light(s) start to pulse, and if a color bulb is used, the color will change to green.
  6. Set up as a new device.

If the problem persists, please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hmb1989

Jump to solution

My roku light bulb is doing the same thing. I've had it for a while now and one day it just stopped connecting and when I tried to pair it again, it won't go back jnto pairing mode...I've tried the on and off 3 times inorder to get it to pair and nothing.... I want a refund because this is ridiculous... nobody is giving anyone any answers on how to fix this problem let alone offering any kind of real help... and I've invested alot of money into roku products. This makes me not want to buy anything else from roku if this is the kind of 'service' I'm going to get when my product isn't working...

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Hmb1989,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Please be aware that we pass along your information to our Support team. They're the ones that will reach you back.
If there's anything else that we can do to help you, please let us know.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Brandyn

Jump to solution

I’ve had the same issue. I’ve had them about 6 months and Wi-Fi went down after repairing Wi-Fi 1 out of 4 will not reconnect nor will it enter pairing mode.  It’s so frustrating. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Brandyn,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you with your Roku smart bulb issue. Did you try the troubleshooting steps that @RokuEuniceL provided above? If not, please try the troubleshooting and see if that fixes the issue.

Please let us know how it works and keep us posted.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Purplekitty1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I now have 3 bulbs with the same problem, all white, and all will not go into pairing mode.  We've had several power outages and I noticed after the last one that the bulbs were no longer responding.  Multicolor bulbs are still fine and so are the roku plugs. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Purplekitty1,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you have the same problem with your Roku Smart Bulb. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps that @RokuEuniceL provided above to see if they help? If you still need to, please try the troubleshooting steps and let us know if you are still experiencing the issue.

Please keep us updated on how it goes.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Purplekitty1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, I did go through the troubleshooting steps multiple times. I've had the lights less than a year. 

0 Kudos