Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Citizen666

Cannot factory reset Smart Bulb SE

The power was interrupted while setting up my Roku Smart Bulb SE Color, it dis not get past the firmware update and was never successfully paired. Now whenever I turn it on, it will not enter pairing mode. I have tried factory resetting the bulb by turning it on and off three times, using different sockets/lamps, but it refuses to reset or enter pairing mode. Please help! 

44 REPLIES 44
Baezj

Re: Cannot factory reset Smart Bulb SE

Mine will not reset as well. 

0 Kudos
Jay808

Im having the same issue it won’t let me enter pairing mode and it’s not discoverable on the app help !

Lorenzo13
Reel Rookie

Mine was working but having intermittent issues with wifi strength in the hallway where I initially set it up. So I moved it to another room. Now the app is not seeing it but it turns on to the color red.

I have tried doing a factory reset several times, turning the switch off and on three times, in multiple sockets, and it isn’t working.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Lorenzo13

Thanks for the post.

When you are trying to setup your Roku Smart Home light bulb, are you making sure the bulb is in pairing mode?

We would recommend trying to place the lamp that you are trying to use next to your wireless router to see if that helps.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lorenzo13
Reel Rookie

I have tried turning the bulb on and off three times to reset it, countless times, and it will not go into pairing mode.

i am currently trying this in a light socket that's in the same room as, and onkt a few feet from the router.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Lorenzo13

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lorenzo13
Reel Rookie

Thanks!

0 Kudos
FailedLights
Reel Rookie

Re: Cannot pair, cannot factory reset Smart Bulb SE

I bought a 4 pack of the white smart bulbs. I paired the first one successfully. I updated it. It worked. None of the other three will go into pairing mode. I tried factory reset on each one many times. None will go into pairing mode. I have followed all directions for each bulb, separately. I have spent almost two hours doing this. I see from other posts on this forum that others have the same problem. I see from the forum mods that no answer has been provided to any of the other posts. From that I assume that Roku has no answers and is continuing to sell what is a known defective product. How do I return these known defective bulbs? There is no way to contact customer service.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Cannot pair, cannot factory reset Smart Bulb SE

@FailedLights

Thanks for the post.

When trying to setup the other 3 light bulb, are you using a different lamp/device? If you were able to connect one light bulb, we would recommend trying to use the same device to see if you are able to setup the remaining light bulbs as well.

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos