Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julesh
Channel Surfer

Re: Cannot factory reset Smart Bulb SE

Did you ever hear from Roku? I'm starting to think Helpful Danny is just ChatGPT. 

SamSt
Reel Rookie

Julesh you may have something there with AI responding. “Danny” said he would have support contact me……waiting…..

its a shame really because the concept is good but the execution and support leave a lot to be desired!

julesh
Channel Surfer

That's really disappointing to hear, I was hoping to be wrong and they did contact you. I Definitely will look into other brands bc things like this frequently require actual customer care!

0 Kudos
JokaWild86

This is the process I was told while on support chat. I could not get it to work for me, but maybe it will work for someone else. If nothing else, it seems to be better information than the generic answers that I’ve been given so far.

The light should start blinking indicating the bulb is in pairing mode and ready for installation. If they are not blinking turn the light on for one second and off for one second, three consecutive times. when the light flashes rapidly, it is ready for set up.

To reset, connect the bulb to a standard fixture. From the ON position, please turn the light off for a second and turn it back on for a second. Now repeat this process 5 to 10 times. Once your lights blink, you are good to go.

0 Kudos
Stacispeers
Reel Rookie

Thank you for telling us all to do what we've all ALREADY done, the AI known as Danny has had better advice...

0 Kudos