Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
o2bcdn

Re: Cannot pair, cannot factory reset Smart Bulb SE

I bought a 4 pack of the white smart bulbs. I paired all 4 successfully and updated all 4 successfully.

1 of the 4 works perfectly in an array of 4 recessed ceiling lights. This bulb is online in the app and can be controlled perfectly.

After the light switch was turned off, 3 of the bulbs went to full bright and show offline in the app. I tried the factory reset procedure on each of the 3 many times. None will reset and none will go into pairing mode.

The lights are less than 15 feet from my router and 1 of 4 works perfectly. How do I fix this problem?

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@o2bcdnwrote:

I bought a 4 pack of the white smart bulbs. I paired all 4 successfully and updated all 4 successfully.

1 of the 4 works perfectly in an array of 4 recessed ceiling lights. This bulb is online in the app and can be controlled perfectly.

After the light switch was turned off, 3 of the bulbs went to full bright and show offline in the app. I tried the factory reset procedure on each of the 3 many times. None will reset and none will go into pairing mode.

The lights are less than 15 feet from my router and 1 of 4 works perfectly. How do I fix this problem?

Hi there!

We'd be happy to try to help here. Ensure that all 4 Smart Bulbs are plugged into the outlets and that the outlet is turned on. Is the switch on a dimmer? Try moving the bulbs around, does the problem follow the bulb and/or the outlet? You might want to restart the phone app and possibly your router as well just to check all bases.

Let us know how it goes!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos
FailedLights
Reel Rookie

I was able to pair one of the three that would not pair and would not factory reset. However, that one unpaired during the update process. It will not reset and re-pair Yes, I have tried three different table and floor lamps attempting to factory reset and repair. Unsuccessfully.

I have now spent more than four hours over three days attempting to get the bulbs to work.

From the number of posts with this same defect (unable to factory reset, unable to pair) it is obvious that these bulbs are defectively manufactured.

How do I return these bulbs for a refund?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@FailedLights

Thanks for the follow up.

We're unsure if you've followed the steps we outlined in our previous post, when trying to setup the 3 light bulbs that you are unable to pair, are you using a different lamp/device? If you were able to connect one light bulb, we would recommend trying to use the same lamp/device to see if you are able to setup the remaining light bulbs as well, not different lamps/device. This will be allow us to rule out if the issue you are experiencing is with the actual bulb or the lamp/device.

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FailedLights
Reel Rookie

I have used the original fixture and three others. None of the three after the first one will go into pairing mode. The first one, which worked, did remain paired when I put it back in though I have no reason to think it will keep working properly.

0 Kudos
Jupe0

Re: Cannot factory reset Smart Bulb SE

Same as well, I was already connected but once it asked to update, mine turned off midway of updating and now it won’t even turn on, I’ve tried on a different sockets and it won’t turn on nor pair on the app.

0 Kudos
Cannen

i really need help. i have tried to factory reset, different light fixtures and next to my router, my router has 2.4ghz and everything needed nothing has worked tho when i was setting it up evrything was going well but when it was updating the firm were my phone died and stopped it i charged my phone and went back and nothing worked so o deleted the app reinstalled deleted the device and nothing worked now it won’t go into pairing mode and i have tried evrything there are no videos really explaining 

if you can help thank you.

0 Kudos

Same! Mine just stays red and will not reset or enter pairing mode!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Cammiscookie

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Stacispeers
Reel Rookie

Everybody on this post cannot possibly be dumb enough to all have the same mistake and not follow the previous two answers that you've mentioned to try and fix this problem I've been working on these lights personally for 5 hours and I still cannot get them into pairing mode they were working just fine a day ago power went out and I can't get them to enter pairing mode