Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Cannot pair, cannot factory reset Smart Bulb SE

@Stacispeers

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Orisiti

I have followed the trouble shooting steps for the above issues, as I am running into the same, and keep ending up at the support will contact you.  It seems either those users did not come back to post a solution , nor did support.

My issue, full story: I bought a 2 bulb pack, and screwed the first one in while downloading the app, and it left pairing mode before I finished signing in to the app so I turned it off and on three times as instructed, and instead of pulsing green, it was a steady red. I have since paired a second bulb in the same socket, and have tried resetting the bulb on that and another socket many times, including once where I reset both bulbs at the same time in the same fixture.  The good bulb reset just fine, the red bulb is still red.

there are post on this issue going back over a year, is there not a solution to this that is shareable here yet?  Would it be easier to take them back to to the store and swap them for the Wyze bulbs?

julesh
Channel Surfer

I went through the steps of creating an account just so I can tell anyone who ends up here via web search that there is no fix and really just don't buy this. 

Multiple ppl have the same issue of a bulb not working after stopping the update process and Danny from Roku keeps giving the same responses and there is no solution.  Don't buy it, like the other comment said--- Roku is continuing to sell a defective product knowing there is no fix. I will buy a new brand. 

julesh
Channel Surfer

Re: Cannot factory reset Smart Bulb SE

Did that, like I said I went through all the steps in all the replies. 

Roku continues to sell a product they KNOW will not work if there is any interruption in the update process. But Roku does not include that info in the instructions. Too much money to take back all these defective bulbs--- easier to make money off the people who won't return them. 

We went with a more trustworthy brand. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @julesh 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for the posting in regards to the issue you are seeing with your Roku Smart Home Bulb. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
R0kunutz
Reel Rookie

I have two bulbs that won’t go back into pairing mode.  I have reset my router, changed outlets, cleared the cache in the app.  Did anyone figure out how to solve this yet

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @R0kunutz 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku Smart Home Bulb.

It looks like you've tried a great deal of troubleshooting steps, so I can understand your frustration if you are still unable to resolve the issue. Have you tried performing a factory reset on your lightbulb by

1. Power on your bulb
  2. Turn the light switch off and on 3 times

If the reset was successful, your bulb will begin pulsing.

For more information about factory resetting a Roku Smart Home device, visit our Support page here: Factory reset your smart home device

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to continue assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
julesh
Channel Surfer

Thanks Danny. Hopefully they can solve this problem.

0 Kudos
R0kunutz
Reel Rookie

I have attempted a factory reset multiple times and it has not resolved the issue.  The factory reset will not take.  Is there an amount of time to turn the light on and off during the reset?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @R0kunutz 

Thanks for the follow up regarding factory resetting your Roku Smart Home Bulb. It looks like you've done a great deal of troubleshooting thus far.

I have passed along your concerns and information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

If you have any other inquiries in the future, please don't hesitate to post again in the Roku Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos