Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mrinehart
Channel Surfer

Are the Roku lights broken?

Not sure what is going on with them. But I wouldn’t be surprised if it was effecting more people. Whatever connectivity issues they started having last week have still not been resolved. 

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Mrinehart
Channel Surfer

Re: Are the Roku lights broken?

ive been experiencing this same problem. I have 6 light bulbs all together, 3 in each room. All the lights are grouped together. Up until tonight, it was only the bulbs in my bedroom that showed offline. All of the sudden, the living room group is now offline. I was able to get the lights to turn off through the app except for one of them that I had to switch off manually. Same thing for the bedroom. The router is located in my living room and my bedroom is the next room over.  What is the problem with the connection of these devices?!  I’m about to return them and go back to standard light bulbs if I can’t get this figured out. ROKU website has alerts and been aware of connectivity issues since last week some time. I called customer service twice and each time they told me there’s nothing they can do. Check back on the website in a few hours and the issue should be resolved……..  it’s not resolved and it’s 3/10/24, that response was given to me on 3/7/24 & 3/9/24. 

0 Kudos
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

@Mrinehart @quinlan3 

interesting I have four lights in my room connected to either Roku lights themselves or Roku plugs and two of them have been acting up in the past few days. There’s no way your issues and mine are  all connected?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

From the Roku Community, welcome and thanks for flagging this problem directly with us!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're having with the Roku smart home bulb. Please try to update the Roku smart home app and the Roku bulb as well. If the problem still persists, try to factory reset it by turning the bulb off or on three times and setting up the device like a new one.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

All the best,                                                                                                                                        John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mrinehart
Channel Surfer

I have done the factory reset 3 times and the issue is still happening to my bedroom lightbulbs.  The 3 in the other room seem to be working fine now after factory reset. All updates have been done and firmware updates as well. I shouldn’t have to do a factory reset on these 3 light bulbs everyday for them to work properly. So other than a factory reset, what else can be done to fix this problem?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mrinehart,

Thank you for the update!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku smart home bulb. We're happy to assist you further. Please try to move the bulb to a different location to determine if there is an issue with the original location.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                    John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mrinehart
Channel Surfer

we have moved the bulbs to different lamps to see if that fixed it but the problem still exists. All three went offline last night around 1130 and around 630am, only one was working and was connected to the wi-fi. The other two were still offline. As of 9:01pm, all 3 are online and working. Not sure how long it will last. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for keeping us posted, @Mrinehart!

We would be delighted to help you even more. May we know if your Roku bulb is running by a dimmer switch or not?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                  John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mrinehart
Channel Surfer

It is not running by a dimmer switch

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We greatly appreciate the confirmation, @Mrinehart!

Have you tried to test a different socket that is a dimmer switch? We will try to see if that will be able to fix the issue.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                          John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos