Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mikeshepherd
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV will not connect to WiFi

Jump to solution

Do not buy a Roku. You will have nothing but problems connecting to the internet even though the internet is running. Flawed device.

0 Kudos
R0kuNoMore

TCL R0ku N0t C0nnecting to W1F1

Jump to solution

I am so tired of having to factory reset my system every other day. I'm patient, but low sighted and trying to put in the modem pass, and every account, trying to SEE to do it? After three months? I am done. My TCL worked fine until an update screwed everything up. I'm now looking for a different TV because R0ku can't manage to STAY C0NNECTED!

0 Kudos
Lee77

TV's Disconnect from Wifi Network after turn off.

Jump to solution

Every single time I turn off the TV (pressing the power button or even if the sleep timer I set turns it off) I have to do a Network Reset to then connect to the internet again.

I have done it all.

Factory reset - check

Unplug/plug-in - check

Wifi speed - check (perfect)

Network Reset - check (I have to do this each time I turn on the TV and establish another wireless network connection in order to even watch tv)

reboot router - check

This started on just one tv, now it is on 2 tv's and I have to reset the network connection each time.  Quite the pain in the {beeeeeeeeep}!  

TV Model: TCL model 75S425

Hardware ID: 7137X

Serial number: YN0013239642

Software Version: 13.1.4 build 1510-30

GC Version: 12.3.21

The other TV is: 

TV Model: Element model E4AA55R

Hardware ID: G816X

Serial Number: X01200TLM1RP

Software Version: 13.1.4 build 1515-DA

GC Version: 12.3.20

I tried to do an Issue report tracker but not even sure where to send this since it doesn't appear one can.

HELP!! I am over having to do this each dang time!

0 Kudos

Re: Internet issues Hisense TV

Jump to solution

How is everything now, Is there any update?

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCL R0ku N0t C0nnecting to W1F1

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @R0kuNoMore!

We genuinely apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing with your Roku TV. We want to assure you that we are fully aware of the issue, and our dedicated team is currently investigating to resolve it as soon as possible. If you encounter any error codes while trying to access the network, please don't hesitate to let us know.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TV's Disconnect from Wifi Network after turn off.

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Lee77!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by your Roku TV and would like to learn more about this issue to assist you further.

Please inform us if you are encountering any error messages. Additionally, could you please provide us with the name of your internet service provider (ISP) and the make and model of your router? Also, let us know when the issue occurred and if there were any recent updates before the problem started.

In the meantime, we recommend performing a factory reset.

Here's how:

1. Locate the reset button on your Roku device, usually on the back or bottom.

2. Ensure your Roku TV is powered on.

3. Press and hold the reset button for precisely 10 seconds.

4. Watch for a fast-blinking light, indicating that the reset is in progress.

5. Once the light blinks at a normal rate, release the button.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

But when is this going to be fixed ? I have 3 TCL Roku TV's and doing a factory reset everytime I change rooms is a real pain in the ass. How do we downgrade to working software ?

0 Kudos
nicstv
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The October 4th, 2024 update solved my connectivity problems.

Thanks

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Internet issues Hisense TV

Jump to solution

Hi @LucasStevens

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you are experiencing issues with the Roku TV as it could not detect or reconnect to your network after getting disconnected. We would be pleased to help you even more.

Please try to factory reset your Roku TV by following the steps below:

1. Locate the reset button on your Roku device, which is usually on the back or bottom.

2. Ensure your Roku TV is powered on.

3. Press and hold the reset button for exactly 10 seconds.

4. Watch for a fast-blinking light, indicating that the reset is in progress.

5. Once the light blinks at a normal rate, release the button.

If the issue persists, please provide the following information to assist you in resolving this:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version (accessible via Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID (to obtain this, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times when the issue occurs).
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?
  • Who is your ISP (internet service provider), and what is the make and model of your router?

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Che

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nicole86

Even after USB download still wont connect to wifi or hotspot

Jump to solution

When i first got the tv it connected to the wifi no problem. I had to move so when i tried to connect it to the new wifi it kept telling me cant do it ! So i followed the rest steps from the settings and button in the back. Nothing ! I tried unplugging it for a couple of hours still Nothing. So then i went onto yalls website like it told me in Rocovery Mode. Did the download and uploaded to the tv and still NOTHING !!! Its saying everything is updated but why wont it let me connect still ? Am i out of a TV ?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.