Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dacz8976
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku TCL tv keep losing connection

Jump to solution

Same issue exactly. Spoke to Roku customer service and their only suggestion was switching the WiFi to 2.4 ghz. That did nothing and I have reset everything I can and messed with every setting. Mine started doing it around the same time as you and it’s clearly roku’s fault, but they keep blaming my internet. I have 3 Roku tvs and the two older ones are completely fine. Only the newest one with the best WiFi connection has the problem and it’s super annoying to have to restart it every time I want to use it. 

0 Kudos
Dacz8976
Channel Surfer

Re: Network connection issues, must do a system restart every time

Jump to solution

Good luck getting help… I’ve been talking to Roku support for a while now and their only suggestions are blaming your internet service provider or router. I’m pretty positive it’s a glitch with the latest software update. Mine was updated on 6/14 and that’s around when I began experiencing the issue. Out of curiosity what software version does your tv say and when was it updated? Mine is software version 13.0.0 Build 24063

0 Kudos
Clp4020

Re: Have to reconnect to the internet every time the device powers on

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem! I've had my roku tv for about a year now, and it has always worked fine, but now suddenly, I have to system restart it every time I turn it on to get it to connect to wifi.

0 Kudos
Ms_Hill

Re: Onn Roku tv will not connect to my internet.

Jump to solution

I have done ALL OF THESE SEVERAL TIMES! It’s not working. I’m going to return this TV! Seems like this is a KNOWN issue and NO ONE knows how to fix it! DO BETTER! 

0 Kudos
Semag
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku TV will not connect to wifi after being turned off and on

Jump to solution

I have the same thing but it started with the OS 13 update. It’s disconnected every time it starts up after being off for a while and gets stuck on the “wireless scan” unless you reset the network or “power -> system restart”

0 Kudos
Semag
Binge Watcher

Re: Network connection issues, must do a system restart every time

Jump to solution

I have the same thing but it started with the OS 13 update. It’s disconnected every time it starts up after being off for a while and gets stuck on the “wireless scan” unless you reset the network or “power -> system restart”

0 Kudos
Semag
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku TCL tv keep losing connection

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Semag
Binge Watcher

Re: Have to restart TV to reconnect WiFi

Jump to solution

gretalocklear
Channel Surfer

Roku keeps disconnecting from wifi

Jump to solution

Both of my tv's are now doing this.  Every time I want to watch TV I have to unplug the TV, plug it back in and turn it back on.  This is ridiculous!!!!!  It is NOT the Wifi as my phone NEVER loses signal

0 Kudos
gretalocklear
Channel Surfer

Re: Have to reconnect to the internet every time the device powers on

Jump to solution

It actually worked!  I was ready to trash the TV.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.