Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

[Solved] Photo Stream Screensaver Channel Distorted photos

Jump to solution

Greetings Community users,

We are aware of this issue going on with Photo Stream Screensaver showing distorted or compressed photos.

Update:

We believe this issue has been resolved.

We recommend utilizing the Roku Photo Stream if you're still encountering a problem. Should the issue persist, please inform us and share any additional details that might aid our team in resolving it.

Previous Update:

This issue is currently under Investigation. 

To help us speed things up and make our investigation easier, we need the following details from the users who are affected:

1. Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version (Found in Settings > System > About).
  2. Channel version/build: Select the channel on the Home screen and press the * button to find this information.
  3. Tracker ID: When encountering the issue, press the Home button five times followed by the Back button five times. Please provide us with the Tracker ID displayed.

Your cooperation in providing this information will greatly assist our engineering team in identifying and resolving the issue. We will keep you updated on our progress.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Photo Stream Screensaver Channel Distorted photos

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for keeping us posted along with the information.

We believe that this has been resolved. We would recommend trying to access it again or reporting back here if the issue persists.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

55 REPLIES 55
bcjordan77

Photo Stream Screensaver Channel Distorted photos

Jump to solution

Since the recent system update, all our photos uploaded to Photo Stream channel are squished and distorted. I restarted system twice. Deleted photo Screensaver, restarted system and reinstalled. Still same distortion.  We changed nothing. Same equipment. Same TV. Same photo stream uploaded to Roku. Looks like a cheap early 2000's digital photo frame and amatueirish. 

Jump to solution

Just noticed this too. Last update to my system was in April 24 (according to the device) and I just noticed this issue today. It runs quite a bit so I’m certain this wasn’t happening prior to day for me. 

user97241

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We understand the issue you've encountered with the Photo Stream Screensaver with distorted photos, and we appreciate the steps you've taken in an attempt to resolve the issue.

For this matter, our team has been notified of the issue as it has already been forwarded to them. We'll review this case and investigate it further for a resolution. Once more details have been acquired with the investigation and review, an update will be provided in this thread.

In the meantime, we'd like to request a Photo referring to the issue so that our team has visuals that are essential to the investigation.

We hope for your patience and understanding as we work on this.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
Smmrcnly21

Roku Photo Streams pictures are suddenly a different size

Jump to solution

Today my Roku Photo Stream pictures are a different size and I can’t figure out how to fix it. I’ve never had this problem before today, it was working just fine. The pictures are much smaller and don’t fit the way they used to. 

Jump to solution

Yeah this is happening to me too. Started today. And it's not even every photo which is weird. I've also restarted and unplugged the roku multiple times. And when I go into the app, not of the photos are showing up distorted there, only when they're in Screensaver form

Rfdawson64

Re: Roku Photo Streams pictures are suddenly a different size

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. What's happened?

Stang12
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here. Already tried updating the software and restarting. Also tried changing to another screensaver and then back to Photo stream still no luck. 

FreshFL

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem! Anyone else figure this out!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.