Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nielsencl
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Channel App not playing

Jump to solution

In this case, your suggestion is NOT WORKING for most users.

Please review the other replies to confirm this problem is ongoing.

There are some indications that the problem stems from the Roku ad serving platform.

Please escalate this issue with the engineering staff as the problem is significant, IMO.

Thanks,

Christian

0 Kudos
nielsencl
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Channel App not playing

Jump to solution

To User who reinstalled and it fixed it, but not for long:

Yeah, you have confirmed that the proposed fix is NOT working.

Thanks.

P. S. Ok, I see now that if you try to "reply" to another user's post, it just gets added on as another general reply. Not really like you would expect...

0 Kudos
nielsencl
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku channel crashing after playing adverts

Jump to solution

This is a little different from a similar problem I have been posting about that happens before(?) an ad is going to play:

This is a Roku problem and not a user device problem.

I don't know of a fix, but there is a workaround:

From the title screen press "restart" or "play from Beginning".

Then right away press either the FF or REV key on your remote. You may have to do this several times before your content shows you starting from the beginning. From this point you can FF and should be able to continue watching.

That is, until it happens again.

0 Kudos
nielsencl
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku channel not playing full episodes

Jump to solution

Many different posts all over ROKU about the same thing. They are getting posted with different subjects so I am trying to respond to a number of them so ROKU can get some engineers looking into this problem that they are posting canned fixes for that DO NOT WORK.

This is a Roku problem and not a user device problem.

I don't know of a fix, but there is a workaround:

From the title screen press "restart" or "play from Beginning".

Then right away press either the FF or REV key on your remote. You may have to do this several times before your content shows you starting from the beginning. From this point you can FF and should be able to continue watching.

That is, until it happens again.

0 Kudos
Cozylogcabin
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The problem seems to be fixed, thanks so much.  A relief that commercials won't have to be dropped.

😄

0 Kudos
rsjones
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That sounds like fun nielsencl. Lol. Hopefully they see this and FIX IT PROPERLY!

0 Kudos
LeT
Reel Rookie

Re: ROKU crashes all resets no help

Jump to solution

I don't want to jinx it but it seems to be fixed and working fine now.

0 Kudos
keny2

Re: The Roku Channel crashes and goes back to the shows home page

Jump to solution

I have a soundbar which iv very funky! sometimes it returns to the home screen; or sound goes out; or goes back to play... i can get back most times by resetting box, most of the times, but i have to listen to commercials over and over again!!!

Anyone know how to send these glitches to roku??? i don't think they care much---

0 Kudos
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The Roku Channel crashes and goes back to the shows home page

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We believe this issue has been resolved for most users, if not all of them, thus in the interest of maintaining order, we will close this discussion now.

If you are still experiencing this issue, go ahead and start a new thread, and shoot me a PM.

This discussion will be closed and this post will be marked as solved. We appreciate your patience, and we also thank everyone who reported this.

Happy Streaming! 💜

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.