Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

[SOLVED] The Roku Channel crashes and goes back to the shows home page

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Update

Resolved

We're pleased to inform you that the issue with The Roku Channel playback issue has been resolved.

We are receiving reports from users who repeatedly return to their home screen when accessing The Roku Channel since Tuesday (May 14).

Previous Update

Rest assured, we will provide you with an update as soon as we have more information.

Thank you for your patience. We prioritize resolving this as soon as possible and ask that you bear with us as we manage this issue.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The Roku Channel crashes and goes back to the shows home page

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We believe this issue has been resolved for most users, if not all of them, thus in the interest of maintaining order, we will close this discussion now.

If you are still experiencing this issue, go ahead and start a new thread, and shoot me a PM.

This discussion will be closed and this post will be marked as solved. We appreciate your patience, and we also thank everyone who reported this.

Happy Streaming! 💜

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
48 REPLIES 48
BeepsterH
Reel Rookie

Roku Channel App not playing

Jump to solution

I have a Roku stick in one room and a Roku TV in another. I was watching a movie on the Roku Channel app when it kicked to the title screen on its own. I tried restarting the movie and it circled for a second and return to the title screen. I tried playing another show and it did the same thing.

I updated the Roku Channel app, restarted the Roku, removed the app and re-download it. Nothing worked. Other apps like Peacock and YouTube work as normal. So I tried watching the Roku Channel on the Roku TV in the other room...same experience. Nothing will play on the Roku Channel app at all. 

We have Fiber internet with great signal so that isn't the problem.  Plus all the other apps work as they should. 

What can I do to fix this issue?

Mack1993

Roku channel crashes and goes back to the shows home page

Jump to solution

Why is the roku channel on all of my devices not playing the full episodes.  It will start an episode and then after a commercial plays, it goes back to the shows home page . You can't start watching form where it left off. Even when you restart the episode,  after a commercial plays, it backs out to the shows and episodes page. Why is this happening? 

73DD

Re: Roku Channel App not playing

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem.

Xyelia
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My mum and I are both having issues with the Roku Channel. It will play a show for a few minutes and then stop and won’t play anything. Ours are both smart TVs (different towns). 

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having issues with the Roku Channel. We're happy to help. We would recommend the basic troubleshooting sequence below:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel
Additionally, you can refer to this support article on how to resolve a channel playback issueLet us know if you have further inquiries.

All the best,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Xyelia
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My mum and I have both done all these things starting from 9pm (Central) last night and again this morning. Nothing has fixed the issue. 

Rubydixie
Channel Surfer

Roku channel crashing after playing adverts

Jump to solution

Roku channel tv shows crashing after adverts finish playing. Cannot watch tv shows ex: Ice Pilots

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku channel not playing full episodes

Jump to solution

Hi @Mack1993,

Warm greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand that the Roku channel is giving you trouble since, after a commercial break, when you play a show or movie, it goes back to the show's or movie's homepage. We're happy to assist you further. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates.

If the problem still persists, you may try the following troubleshooting steps below:

• Remove the channel: By highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting remove channel.
  • Restart your Roku device: By going to settings, system, and system restart.
  • Re-add the channel: Press the home button on your Roku remote, scroll down to search, enter the channel name, highlight the channel, and select add channel.

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

Re: Roku channel crashing after playing adverts

Jump to solution

Have you tried deleting, power cycling and replacing the channel yet? If not, its the primary channel troubleshooting procedure.

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.