Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JenGeoOli

Re: TV shows and movies won't load

Jump to solution

Having the same issue for the past 2 days.  Live TV and Hulu is fine.  But I can't watch any of my shows on Roku. I clock play episode and I get a black screen then it goes back to the home screen.  I click play episode and it gives a black screen again and goes back.  Or the episode starts to play, it stops and goes back to the start screen. Help

0 Kudos
CBow

Re: Roku channel not playing full episodes

Jump to solution

Hi!

This same issue is happening to me. I just checked for updates. If it happens again, I will post. Just wanted to let you know there's more than one person with the same issue.

Thank you

Jon12

Jump to solution

Same here, the only thing that will play is live tv

0 Kudos
CBow

Jump to solution

I'm still having issues.

I checked for updates. 

I tried to remove the channel as per your instructions. Removing the ROKU icon/channel is not an option given when *.

I restarted ROKU.

Software version is 

12.5.5 build 4174-C4

I haven't noticed it happening on other channels.

Thank you

0 Kudos

Re: Roku channel crashing after playing adverts

Jump to solution

This problem appears to have been happening for years but it has only just started happening to me. I have searched the "community" for how to correct the issue and tried to contact someone who actually works for Roku to find out why it hasn't been fixed yet. Very annoying when streaming stops after every commercial break. Is this their way of making us buy "premium?" Really not happy with lack of support for this problem.

LeT
Reel Rookie

Re: ROKU crashes all resets no help

Jump to solution

20240515_235742.jpg

20240516_000028.jpg

Happens on Roku channel only for last 2 days. Program plays, then stops and goes back to the page that says "Resume"  and happens several times.  Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Cozylogcabin
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have written under another issue, like content stops and won't restart.

So this happens after commercials, sometimes in the middle of a group of commercials and when watching a series and the end of every episode it does not seamlessly go to the next.

I have been removing the Roku channel, restart device and add it back and it works for a short time but yes very aggravating.

I just got the 2 devices in March and have raved how great the Roku devices and how easy it is to operate.  We have enjoyed watching until Tuesday May 14th 2024 when this began. 

Before joining the forum I checked and reinstalled the network connection, I restarted device, I did a factory reset and then the steps above, which is a temporary fix at best.

Certainly hope you get the issue corrected soon

Cozylogcabin
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi RokuJohn

It began happening Tuesday May 14th.  The device is 3960CA version 12.5.5 build 4174ED.

Removing Roku channel, restarting device and reloading Roku allows you to resume watching until the next commercial.

At first I thought it was the fault of an episode, since we are watching something from the 70s but it continued to happen to everything we were watching on Roku channel.  The only other channel we watch is our local news on Global channel but it is a live channel.  Haven't had any issues on that channel.

Key observations; happens after each commercial (except Pluto - no idea why) and it will stop in the middle of a group of commercials and display the continue watching screen or watch from beginning but it tries, you see the loading circle for a split second and it brings you back to the resume playing screen.

I did also try unplugging from the power and also unplugged the HDMI cable and pushed the reset on the device but no difference.  The fix you gave works temporarily, enough for it to load and watch until the next commercial.  Hope this helps

We have only been using Roku device for a few months and just love it, the ease of use, the content and every channel of interest is available.  We are seniors and this is the easiest device we have learned to use.

Thanks for anything you can do to help.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm having same problem; but not unique to one channel.  All selections start to play, then out of nowhere, go back to the home page and when I hit "watch again" or "continue episode", it stays right where it is.  I have found that unplugging the electrical source for about a minute seems to fix the problem momentarily, but will continue to keep doing it eventually.  Does not seem to do it with the Live TV option; just everything else.

0 Kudos
Rubydixie
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for the help people.

Procedure …

..delete Roku app

..restart Roku Ultra

..install Roku app

..restart Roku Ultra

…watch for about 60 - 90 minutes ….. REPEAT

Just about ready to return Roku Ultra and purchase nVidia Shield

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.