Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HERIII
Reel Rookie

Re: Stuck on Connecting...This may take a minute

Jump to solution

I had the same problem. I left my tv unplugged from the power for about 15 or 18 hours. And went to sleep, at the next day I came to read the post at this topic and found a suggested solution, to press by 30 seconds the reset button at the back of the tv, that button can be found near of the variety of different inputs of the tv (hdmi, av, usb, etc). The author of that solution warns, that worked but he had to initiate sesion on all the streaming apps again. Well, I went to my tv which have been unplugged from power for about 18 hours and when I connected it again to power and turn it on. Voila the tv was working again, no more "Connecting.  . . This may take a while" message. But I had to initiate sesion on most of my apps. I was so grateful as I've been frustrated hous before, since the tv when was with that dreadful message only allowed me to turn it on/off and up/down volume, that was the only things that worked. I had no chance to try the solution of the button on back of the tv or the solution provided in this topic from the roku personal. Hope you all can resolve your issues with that dreadful message.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: RokuTV - Connecting This may take a minute

Jump to solution

When you tried the reset button, did you hold it in for a full 30 seconds?  On some TVs that will initiate "Recovery mode", but I believe it should at least initiate a factory reset on all of them.

How to use Recovery Mode on your Roku TV™ | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Re: Suddenly stopped working says connecting this may take a minute but it's been over an hour

Jump to solution

RCA ROKU TV Model Number 7517X

Software Version 13.0.0:24056

Device ID HK789F529523

Serial Number YNOOF9529523

We have tried everything suggested in this thread and it is still stuck "connecting this may take a minute". 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Suddenly stopped working says connecting this may take a minute but it's been over an hour

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for posting and bringing this issue to our attention.

We acknowledge your concern, and our team is aware of this issue. We want to gather the information requested by @RokuCarly above this thread so we can further investigate this case.

In the meantime, users who've experienced the same issue reported that this was solved by performing a complete reset to the Roku TV by pressing the hard reset button at the back. For more information, you can be guided on the steps below:

1. Locate the pinhole Reset button on the back of your TV, near the antenna, HDMI, and audio connections.
  2. Using a straightened paperclip (or similar), press and hold the reset button for at least 30 seconds.

Once this has been performed, your Roku TV will be fully restarted, and you will need to reactivate it once more.

We're looking forward to hearing back from you or seeing if the steps we provided help solve the issue. Let us know how it goes.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [SOLVED] RokuTV - Connecting.. This may take a minute

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention in the Roku Community!

We believe we've resolved the problem associated with your Roku TV displaying the error message "Connecting.. This may take a minute".

To address this issue, we recommend using your remote control to follow these steps: press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times.

If the problem persists, please assist us by providing the following details so we can escalate the case to our engineering team for investigation:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version (accessible via Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID (to obtain this, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times when the issue occurs).
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

Please update us on whether the issue has been resolved or reply to this thread if you require further assistance. We're here to help.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
surly
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi!  I was stuck on this for a couple weeks.  I just tried hitting the home button 5 times and then the back button 5 times....and it worked!  Thanks everyone!  

RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @surly,

Thanks for the update.

We're glad that your issue is resolved. Feel free to contact us for further queries.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.