Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
masina1234

Re: Remotes skipping multiple channels

Jump to solution

Thanks! This worked!

0 Kudos
Png0210
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote erratically skips or jumps over multiple content in some platforms

Jump to solution

Same thing happening here. Both upstairs and downstairs. Two opposite ends of the house. Two different tvs. Two different Roku remote controls. It’s happening in various apps such as Hulu & Lifetime. Really annoying. Batteries are not old. Began happening in the same week for both remote controls/tvs. Doesn’t happen if using the smartphone as the remote. Very annoying. 

Png0210
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same. Two remotes. Two different tvs. Rooms far from one another. Started happening all in one week. 

0 Kudos
Png0210
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Curious of the reason this reply was marked as a “solution.” It might be a quick fix for some, but to mark it as a solution - as if Roku doesn’t need to address why it’s happened - seems inappropriate    

Wilky82717

Remote skips or jumps over multiple channels

Jump to solution

I have a roku TV. If I use roku app to change channels,  it works fine. How do I fix remote to work properly?

0 Kudos
johnbombo

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channels

Jump to solution

I am having this same issue. I have replaced the batteries in my original remote which did not help. Recently I got a new remote and STILL have the same skipping/lagging issue with the remote. My roku app remote still works fine on my phone, but the original and brand new physical remote both have the same issue. Really hoping theres a fix because this is terribly annoying to have to use my phone to control my TV.

0 Kudos
Wilky82717

Jump to solution

Yes. I just put in brand new batteries. Does not solve it. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Wilky82717 @johnbombo,

Thanks for posting here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. We'll need to ask for further details to assess this further. Kindly provide us with the following below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • What steps have you done so far to reproduce the issue you are seeing?
  • When did you start seeing this issue occur?

With more detailed information from you, we will be able to process this and forward your concern to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. Once more information is available, we will make sure to update this thread. 

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are very much appreciated. We'll be looking forward to your response!

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Snate

Jump to solution

I have found that if you unplug the Roku stick and the TV for three minutes then reply everything, it stops the skipping of items in the problematic platforms.  It may not be permanent, but does fix the problem.

0 Kudos
Snate

Jump to solution

Sorry, I meant to replug everything for your Roku.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.