Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channels

Jump to solution

You may have received an upgrade to your Roku software, and you just need to restart your Roku. [Note: If you have a Roku TV with "Fast TV Start" enabled, turning it off/on just puts it in/out of a standby mode and does not give you a full restart, sonuse the methods below.]

Depending on your Roku model you'll find the "System restart" option under "Settings > System > Power" or if you don't have a "Power" option, under "Settings > System".

If a restart doesn't do it, or if you don't have sufficient control with the remote to navigate the Roku menus, you can also restart by pulling the power plug to the Roku for a few seconds then plugging it back in and waiting for it to restart.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Wilky82717

Jump to solution

That fixed it. Thank you. 

LF1

Re: Remotes skipping multiple channels

Jump to solution

I followed these steps posted and did the system update and the system restart and it worked (so far!) My express started doing this a couple days ago. Thanks for the post in how to get it to stop skipping over channels 

0 Kudos
YakkoWakkoDot1
Binge Watcher

Re: Remotes skipping multiple channels

Jump to solution

Both of my Roku remotes are doing this too.  It is infuriating!  I’ve had to resort to using the Roku remote app, in order to change channels, etc.  Considering MANY of us are experiencing this…you might want to FIX it, Roku!!

0 Kudos
Dr5356

Jump to solution

I have been having the same issues, I have a Roku stick on one regular tv, worked fine before, now skips, randomly.

in the main app selection menu it is fine, but once in day peacock or Hulu it skips so certain accou s I can’t use, but prime i tried and it’s fine there.

not sure why or how, but this is annoying 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Wilky82717-

See if this post helps: https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes/Remote-skips-or-jumps-over-multiple-channels/m-p/893028/highli...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Cdhall

Re: Remote erratically skips or jumps over multiple content in some platforms

Jump to solution

Restarting the Roku fixed my problem.  

0 Kudos
Grimmv

Jump to solution

Whew hew.. Thank you. System restart worked

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

None of the solutions worked shown here.  I have been having problems with two Roku LT Ethernet boxes that jump for every keypress.  First one started, then another.  It might be a firmware issue.  This is a total pain in the Arse.   Suddenly, Tech issues require me to blow a bunch of time fixing their issues, as usual.   

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

System restart seemed to work for one, but minutes later, it was back to the same thing.  This is most likely a firmware issue that came up with an update.   

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.