Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

NFL App Error - How to Resolve "Something Went Wrong" Message

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Community users,

We're aware that some NFL channel users are encountering an error message "Something went wrong, please try again or go to id.nfl.com/account" when trying to accept the terms of service agreement.

Update: 9/23

Here's how to resolve this issue:

Steps to Fix the Error:

1. Visit NFL on a web browser: Open a web browser on your computer, phone, or tablet and navigate to https://www.nfl.com/account/sign-in.
  2. Sign Out and Back In If you're already signed in, sign out of your NFL account on the website. Then, sign back in with your credentials.
  3. Accept Consent: Upon signing back in, you should be prompted to re-accept the Terms of Service, Subscription Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy. Please accept all agreements.
  4. Try again: Return to your Roku device and open the NFL app. The error message should be resolved.

Additional Troubleshooting:

• Restart Roku: If the error persists, try restarting your Roku device. Power it off completely, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
  • Reopen App: After restarting your Roku, open the NFL app again.

If the Issue Continues:

If the above steps don't resolve the problem, please let us know. Our team is working with our partners at the NFL app to find a permanent solution.

Thank You!

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
The Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: NFL App Error - How to Resolve "Something Went Wrong" Message

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Community users,

We’ve received reports from NFL app users experiencing the error message "Something went wrong, please try again or go to id.nfl.com/account" when trying to accept the "Terms of Service, Subscription Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy."

Update: 9/23

To help resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

1. Go to id.nfl.com/account on a computer, phone, or tablet using a browser.
  2. Sign out of the website (if you’re currently signed in), then sign back in.
  3. After signing back in, you should see a prompt to re-consent. Please try this and let us know if it resolves the issue.
  4. If the consent pop-up does not appear, please sign out and sign back in again.
  5. Once consent is accepted on the website, return to your Roku; the pop-up should be gone.
  6. If the pop-up still appears, restart your Roku, reopen the NFL app, and try again.

If these steps do not resolve the issue, please keep us updated. We are actively working with our partners at the NFL app to find a solution. Thank you!

Best regards,
The Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
62 REPLIES 62
mrzoops
Reel Rookie

NFL Not Using Cable Authentication

Jump to solution

THIS IS STILL HAPPENING. How is this still a problem?? Cannot watch any live streams in the roku app on any of my 4 rokus, but working fine from any other device. Please provide some insight. 

0 Kudos

NFL App not working - "Some went wrong" on policy screen

Jump to solution

Every time this app opens, this policy screen appears, and every time I try to click accept, an error message appears saying, "Something went wrong."

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: NFL App not working - "Some went wrong" on policy screen

Jump to solution

Greetings @kehsports24,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

If you encounter an error message while trying to access the NFL channel, it could be due to a network issue or a channel outage. We suggest following the steps below to see if it resolves the issue.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star 

to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
    • Note: If you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before you see the Remove channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Refer to earlier instructions to restart your Roku device.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.
    • Note: If you are adding a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you will need to resubscribe.

You can also check for additional troubleshooting here: How to resolve a channel playback issue.

If the issue persists, we would also suggest to reach out to the channel support team for additional help.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Contagion

Re: NFL App not working - "Some went wrong" on policy screen

Jump to solution

Same issue. Started last season, remove/restart/reinstall DOES NOT WORK. 

HELP!!!

0 Kudos
Mikes8582
Reel Rookie

Nfl app not working on my roku

Jump to solution

I did all the trouble shooting nfl told me to do and reset my roku, Uninstaller and re installed the app and it starts to load with the blue screen and nfl logo then to a black screen with the loading circle and then kicks me out to the roku home. The app loads maybe 5-7 seconds then kicks me out

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Nfl app not working on my roku

Jump to solution

Hi there, @Mikes8582. Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out. We are glad to help you with the issue you're experiencing with your Roku device. If you're having trouble with playback on your Roku device, it could be due to a network problem or an issue with a specific channel.

To get things sorted, here are a couple of steps you can try:

1. Restart your router
    - You might need to check the instructions from your internet service provider or router manufacturer for the best way to restart your router.
  2. Restart your Roku device.
    - Simply unplug the power cable, wait for a moment, and then plug it back in.
  3. You can also go to the Settings menu and follow these steps:
    -Press Home on your Roku remote
    -Scroll and select Settings
    -Select System
    -Select Power
    -If you don't see a Power submenu, move on to the next step
    -Select System restart.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DNel

NFL Network App Crashes - Won't Start

Jump to solution

Did they ever solve this problem??I’m dealing with it currently 8 months later!!

0 Kudos
Jason9

Re: NFL app not loading on Roku box

Jump to solution

I have been having the exact same issue. Was finally able to communicate with nfl customer service and they just keep telling me to restart, unplug, uninstall, reinstall blah blah blah. I have given up and just plan on casting the games from my phone to my tv this season. If the issue is not fixed on their end before next season I won’t renew my nfl+ subscription. 

0 Kudos
Mikes8582
Reel Rookie

Re: Nfl app not working on my roku

Jump to solution

None of that worked either

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.