Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Missing Text and/or boxes in place of text

This problem has been happening for a few months now.  Is there any remedy coming soon?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate you for joining us here at the Roku Community, @gigitidwell!

Thanks for raising your query here with us. Since this issue is still under investigation, we don't have any information yet. Rest assured that our team is doing our very best to fix this occurring issue as soon as possible, as your satisfaction and convenience are what we aim for. In the meantime, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.

Let us know if you have further queries, or feel free to create a new thread if you have further concerns or are in need of assistance. We'd be more than happy to help you out with this. Thanks!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
chrisd4st

have to restart at least once a day to get missing text back

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: have to restart at least once a day to get missing text back

Hi @chrisd4st,

Welcome to the Roku Community.

We seem to have limited information about this issue you're running into. Would you mind elaborating on this for us to understand and address this fully? A photo or video would help us better visualize this concern as well.

We'll appreciate your response regarding this matter.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
denhow
Roku Guru

Re: Missing text in app description boxes

And now they've fixed it! It's working properly now, at least for me, after I did a manual update today.

0 Kudos
JimL
Streaming Star

Re: Missing text in app description boxes

Thanks for the heads up.  It's now properly displaying on my three Roku units as well.

0 Kudos
Mbmoore210

Piece of **bleep**. Doing it on all our Roku devices. We restart and works for a little bit, then does it all over again. Happens on Home Screen and every channel we have. 

0 Kudos
Mapzone110

Re: Missing characters in text boxes

Scenario: All pages that display text either display with missing characters, or display the word and lose characters when highlighted.

Troubleshooting:

Tried unplugging Roku box for 30sec+ and restarting
Tried checking system updates
Tried resetting gateway router/modem
Performed connection check in Roku system menu

Roku Streambar Model 9102R

Issue ID/370
SN: YL00A1297617
Device ID: 2A********17
SW-ver. 12.0.0 * build 4184-95

0 Kudos
Mapzone110

I don't know if this permanently fixed the issue or not, but I removed /hid "The Morning Show" in the Home Screen and all my text began to display as normal.  

I've been running through all my screens ~ turned the box on and off and have not lost ANY text on ANY screen that I can find.  This is only after a number of minutes, but I'm not complaining.

I'll post if the missing text condition returns.

0 Kudos
MikeT6078

Re: Missing characters in text boxes

Same issue with Roku soundbar. No issues with other Roku devices in the house. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.