Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denhow
Roku Guru

Re: Missing text in app description boxes

I should have added that I have a Roku Express 4K+ (3941X2) with OS 12.0.0 build 4184-E4.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

a.jpg

Here's what I see - the boxes all filled in.  I get the same on all three of my installed Rokus (can't get at my Roku TV to check right now).

Streaming Stick 3600X,     OS 12.0.0 build 4184-24
Streaming Stick+ 3810X,    OS 12.0.0 build 4184-50
Streaming Stick 4K+ 3600X, OS 12.0.0 build 4184-CU

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
JimL
Streaming Star

Info on my three units:

9102R - Roku Streambar  OS: 12.0.0 build 4184-95

3900X - Roku Express     OS: 12.0.0 build 4186-51

3941X - Roku Express 4K+  OS: 12.0.0 build 4184-CR

I've often wondered over the years if any of Roku's updates were actually an improvement because I've never noticed one,  just slow-downs with older units not long after an update.   The update for Roku's Live TV app was a major step back, but with their regularly scheduled layoffs, and another announced just yesterday, it can't be a fun lace to work now.

0 Kudos
denhow
Roku Guru

@makaiguy  Thanks! At least now I know what those boxes should look like!

0 Kudos
Digital-Dave
Channel Surfer

Re: Missing characters in text boxes

If it's any additional help, here are some screenshots of what I get with Netflix when it's acting up... Not sure if the video will play, but I'll try to load it. Just shows how it goes from clear to digitized when you either check for info, or pause.

First one is when I just click down on the cross bar, to see info, such as how much time is left, etc... Second one shows when I pause the show.

IMG_3539.JPGIMG_3540.JPG

0 Kudos
Digital-Dave
Channel Surfer

The video below shows how Netflix acts when the Roku is acting up. (Noting the screenshots above) So along with the missing letters or boxes in their place, I see this whilst viewing something on Netflix.

I wanted to show both just clicking down for info, as well as pausing. Should have turned the volume down, but wanted to also show it still plays and will clear after a few seconds. The pause stays on screen as is until you click play again. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taDEaBSdJ2w 

0 Kudos
Guarionex

1000014648.jpg

Rstarting or unplugging helps but is annoying. Happens every other day or so.

0 Kudos
CMT01

Re: Missing Text and/or boxes in place of text

This has been happening to me since the last update.  

Model: 3810x

Serial # YH008J833547

Software: 12.0

Build: 4184-50

Issue: 47-363-182

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users!

Thanks for providing the additional information.

Kindly be advised that we are well-informed regarding this specific issue, and a fix has been worked on by the appropriate Roku team. This fix will take effect upon the next Roku OS system updates to resolve this missing text bug/issue.

In the meantime, we sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding as we've worked on this.

Wishing you the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Yes this happens on all of my Roku Tvs.  It does not do it if I try to use the Roku app and search for a movie on my phone but it will not take the done at the end and the remote will not accept it either.  This happens on all apps.  Amazon Prime, Pureflix, Roku Channel.   This is very frustrating 

0 Kudos