Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Missing characters in text boxes

Hi @MikeT6078,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Broadway6
Reel Rookie

I’m confused by Roku on this issue. 10 people a day post they see there same issue so it has to be easy for Roku to produce.   It happens within every app on Roku to include Roku’s Home Screen (sling, Disney, Netflix, Peacock, etc)

DC2023
Reel Rookie

I agree. It does not look like Roku is willing or able to fix this, they just keep asking folks who report the issue to send them data Roku should already have. It is why I now mostly use a Fire stick. I heard Roku laid off about 10% of their work force, so I wonder how long they will be a viable company.

JFEREJOHN
Reel Rookie

Re: Missing Text and/or boxes in place of text

Hi John, Since there seems to be an abundence of people complaining about missing letters on multiple streaming platforms, seems to me that at least 1 ROKU employee must have experienced this.  I have a soundbar and 4 other Roku devices.  Where should I forward the info after getting the error code.  Any specific email?

Ferejohn 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts in the Roku Community!

Since this issue is still under investigation, we don't have any information yet. We want to ensure we can resolve this as soon as possible, but we need more details. Can you please provide us with the information from the post by @RokuJohnB above?
Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tdmunson

i'm still getting this missing characters on all my roku ultra and roku tv. 

I have to reboot the system just to be able to read the menus.

A resolution would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
LH55125
Reel Rookie

Also confusing because of responses from other Roku staff saying they have enough data and are working on a fix. Which is it? 

0 Kudos
Shenanigans
Reel Rookie

How can you not have enough information?  What additional information do you need?  

0 Kudos
Sparklee
Binge Watcher

The last time I contacted you on a sound problem was in July. I followed the instructions, did what you asked and still have the problem with sound. Now, since before MAX was updated to include Discovery, letters are missing, boxes aren't filled and there is no way you can read what yall are putting up on ANY screen. This problem exists on every single streaming channel THAT I PAY FOR! You know darn well all of our info, what the problems are, because we are telling you EXACTLY what is going on with the sound AND the missing letters and garbled messages we have been telling you about for MONTHS on end. I am no longer willing to do a complete restart because not only does it not work, but it erases ALL of my info that is on 4 streaming sticks. So, kids, let's put a programmer on these two problems and get the problems FIXED or you can pay for all of our pay-for-view streaming channels!

0 Kudos

Yes I am experiencing the missing letter issue too.  I had to unplug my Roku and it was ok until today .

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.