Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku express won’t stop rebooting in a loop.

Jump to solution

Hi @Abgry1,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience that it has caused trouble with your Roku device. We'd be happy to investigate this further, but we need more details.

Refer to these questions to better identify the issue you're experiencing:

• What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV)
  • Are there any changes in the setup or settings of your Roku device or your network provider that might cause the problem?
  • Are you encountering any error codes or messages?
  • Does the issue occur when watching on a specific channel or all the channels installed on your Roku device?
  • Can you please provide the latest Software Version of your Roku? (This can be found in  Settings > System > About.)
  • What steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?

We recommend restarting your Roku device by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) for troubleshooting purposes.

Please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku won’t stop rebooting in a loop.

Jump to solution

Hi @Ashleyelizabeth,

Thanks for the first post to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the issue you've been experiencing and the steps you took to resolve it. We'd like to learn more about this, but we need more details.

• Could you specify the brand of your Roku TV? (e.g., LG, ONN, Hisense)
  • Are there any changes in the setup or settings of your Roku device or your network provider that might cause the problem?
  • Does the issue occur while watching a specific content or channel?
  • What is your device's OS version?
  • Have you tried to connect your Roku device to an alternative wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are still experiencing the same issue?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Happymeal69
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Roku device keeps rebooting and I don't know what else to do I've tried everything you have suggested.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Happymeal69,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for posting about your Roku device experience. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details.

• What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV)
  • When did the issue occur, before or after the OS update?
  • Are there any changes in the setup or settings of your Roku device or your network provider that might cause the problem?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gibbsnc

Jump to solution

I'm having a similar issue with my device where it keeps looping and rebooting and will not load the home screen - its almost become unfunctional due to the relooping, I've unplugged the device and let it cool and still the same thing.

Please advise.

Thank You. 

0 Kudos
litos79

Re: my roku express keeps rebooting!!

Jump to solution

Did anyone find a solution for this problem as I am experiencing the same issue. And I would like to know if there's a quick fix for this...

0 Kudos
Happymeal69
Reel Rookie

Re: my roku express keeps rebooting!!

Jump to solution

Not to my knowledge they have never answered me.

0 Kudos
Akoomar

Jump to solution

Hello i have the same issue. I reset the roku stick and now i am blocked at the start screen and each time i click ok to select the language it reboots.. 

what to do please??

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Akoomar, it's often caused by an insufficient power supply.  If you're using the TVs USB port for power, try a USB power adapter/charger from a phone or tablet that can provide at least 1 Amp.  If you're already doing that, try another one and/or a different USB cable.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same problem. Roku model 3920x SN: K42971590599.

Problem began roughly 2 months ago after working fine for years. No other changes to Wi-Fi network, tv, etc. have occurred, Upon booting up it immediately reboots and this cycle continues until unplugged. I have tried factory reset button on back and several different power supplies and cables. All other Wi-Fi devices work fine. I am able to stream using the smart tv apps but really miss the simplicity and ergonomics of the Roku remote.

Thanks, 

Robert

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.