Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KmPloppy2
Reel Rookie

Roku express not waking up

Hello, I have a new Roku express and after I turn off the TV it goes to sleep and then it never wakes up when I turn the TV back on

When I press the remote buttons I can see the light on the Roku flash but it never starts up.

Only by turning it off and back on does it come back up. This gets a bit tiresome.

I searched the settings but there is no options to adjust the power and sleep settings.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Roku express not waking up

How are you turning it off and back on?  Rokus don’t have on/off switches so do you mean unplugging it? (Or does it refer to the TV?)

You don’t have Settings -> System -> Power -> Auto power savings?

What is the four-digit model number of your Roku?

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
KmPloppy2
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku express not waking up

Hello, thanks for the reply, I'll need to check when I get home but where I bought it from said it was a 3960EU.

When I turn off the TV the roku must detect it and after a few seconds the light on the front of the ROKU turns off. When I turn the TV back on the roku does not wake back up even though when press the remote buttons I can see the light on the front of the roku flash as each button is pressed.

There is no power options in the menu. I googled the issue before I posted here and looked for that option.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.